Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a blast from Vegas to Mt. Charleston today..couldnt be more different vs Vegas.

Random driving impressions vs our previous 07:

1) WAY faster. Passed a slow moving group of 3 cars...looked at the speedo and we were about to pass 140. Reached that speed so fast, I was honestly surprised. So smooth, deceptively fast. The way it accelerates, the way it gathers speed is like nothing I have ever driven.

2) The SL racing seats do take getting used to. I may have to get a pillow for the lower portion of the seat. Suggestions...pilates or yoga to get into more flexible shape, maybe :). Wife who does pilates daily thought the seats were great...

3) Worth mentioning the transmission. Feels nothing like the 07. I have driven double clutch cars (ferrari) and I have to say...the 570 is only mildly harder shifting. The 07 was clearly harder shifting. Not sure which I prefer...

4) Suspension wise. The car is not too stiff and feels great. Wife agreed, car felt only mildly stiffer over bumps etc. Handeling wise, sorry guys...no comparison. The 570 doesn't feel awd...at all. I have yet to track the car but, I can't tell you how amazing this beast feels at speed on harder turns.

5) As much as I loved the 07...the new car is different in every way. I can't in all honesty say its 'better'. That is subjective. The new car feels like a new car...feels nothing like the previous Gallardo. Guys, drive one..you will agree. Again, I loved the 07...amazing car and those who have them should feel very lucky indeed.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice post, R.Vic; I for one seriously appreciate first-hand input from someone who can make an educated comparison from other vehicles they have owned / driven. Thanks! Beautiful car - my fav color!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts