Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Texas is poised to allow unlicensed handgun carry in the state. Prior to this proposed legislation those of us that wanted an LTC had the following requirements: background check, classroom instruction, a written test, and qualify on the range. Amusing, we just renewed our LTCs so we are good until 2026 but I guess going forward there will no longer be a tax that will need to be paid. I have included the link below but one quote: "Supporters of the bill say it would allow Texans to better defend themselves in public while abolishing unnecessary impediments to the constitutional right to bear arms. Once signed into law, Texas will join nearly two dozen other states that allow some form of unregulated carry of a handgun, and by far be the most populous".
I am always the side of more individual rights and less government control so, I support the measure. Thoughts?

Attachments

Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
I am interested to know if our LEOs support this. I think it has more impact for them than for most everyday citizens.
It's a mixed bag. I'm honestly not sure where I stand on this. I'm all for individual rights and am by no means anti-gun. But with so many yahoos walking about, it does give me pause to think that some of these idiots will be packing firearms in public.

Registered
I think it's great. My wife and I live in TN and have had our carry permits for a couple of decades.
It's a pain to remember to renew it on time; if you don't and it lapses, then you have to take the class and pay extra fees etc. all over again.
I think I saw recently where Minnesota also passed something like this? It's likely because people in that state will need to start policing themselves very soon owing to the craziness there and de-funding the police...

Registered
Albert i would love to be see texas be it鈥檚 own own country again also.
I don鈥檛 understand why people think it鈥檚 bad to carry your own firearm the criminals will think twice before they mess with you.
99 % of gun owners are responsible people.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All great comments, and admittedly, no law is perfect but even though there is a little wool left in the suit (no background checks) we are moving in the right direction. All too often, evil sorts arm themselves and start blasting away. Now, the shooting fish in a barrel depraved mentality will more than likely, encounter some headwinds.

Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
Hmmm yes interesting. I'm ex-military and have owned a G26 for 10 years now. It has never left my home and sadly, never been fired. In PA there is a application for a permit (LTC) and I have thought about getting it... started to recently, but I also want to include my DD-214 (military honorable discharge papers) to prove myself a worthy candidate, even though I don't believe it's necessary. Just increases your chances for approval. I was having difficulty navigating the website to do this, so kind of gave up. I know there will be some who will say no LTC/permit is a bad idea, BUT this never stops the criminals and yahoos from carrying..... just people like me!!

Registered
SL #7007
Got to love TX!!! I supported being able to carry firearms. I do also support proper training with them also.... I dont think people should be allowed to carry without any training.

Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
Got to love TX!!! I supported being able to carry firearms. I do also support proper training with them also.... I dont think people should be allowed to carry without any training.
I tend to agree. We require you to have insurance for a car and pass a written and practical exam to drive it. Carrying a firearm has a narrower use case than driving, so proper training and periodic certification seems reasonable.

Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
This is probably my main issue. Some dope will just set down their firearm or better yet just start whipping it around with their booger picker on the trigger with the safety off and one in the chamber. I'm anticipating a big spike in ND's.

Registered
2013 Super G
From an outsider (Canadian)... This seems crazy haha! You wanted thoughts right Lambo2018?

We have very different views of gun carrying here to the north. No one is right or wrong and not insinuating any of you are wrong. Actually a great point was made that bad guys won't be as quick to mess with you if they don't assume they are the only ones carrying... Interesting thought.

I do say that, to me, it makes sense that if you let someone handle something that can kill with ease, you should have training and a license (or whatever). No different than driving. Except that deadly weapon usually has multiple wheels and a motor of some sort attached!

Great discussion... I'm leaaaarning!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting discussion so far but my question would be, how many criminals/psychopathic killers submit to a background check, classroom instruction, a written test, and qualify on the range before they use a firearm? My guess would be a big goose egg. :giggle:

Registered
SL #7007
Interesting discussion so far but my question would be, how many criminals/psychopathic killers submit to a background check, classroom instruction, a written test, and qualify on the range before they use a firearm? My guess would be a big goose egg. :giggle:
Interesting point, but how many of us wanted to be compared to criminals/psychopathic killers, etc..... Just drug dealers... JK....

There are no amount of laws that will stop criminals from carrying guns. The selling point is those licensed to carry firearms will be trained to some extent and hopefully be required to maintain some sort of marksmanship to be able to continue to carry firearms. Most criminals do not train, or learn any aspect of marksmanship or firearms. I have a couple of friends that are cops and they tell me all the time how they arrest criminals with the wrong ammo in the gun they were carrying.....

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Understood so we are to hold law biding citizens to a higher standard than we do criminals? That kind of asymmetry will place the average citizen at a significant disadvantage one in fact, that could place his or her life in jeopardy.

Registered
SL #7007
Understood so we are to hold law biding citizens to a higher standard than we do criminals? That kind of asymmetry will place the average citizen at a significant disadvantage one in fact, that could place his or her life in jeopardy.
We absolutely hold law abiding citizens to a higher standard than criminals. We expect law abiding citizens to not break the law while criminals do as they wish..... Isnt that holding citizens to a higher standard? You're absolutely right, that asymmetry does place the average citizen at a significant disadvantage as it pertains to carrying firearms. However, I don't believe just because criminals carry firearms illegally then the rest of the public should be allowed to carry firearm's as freely as criminals.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We absolutely hold law abiding citizens to a higher standard than criminals. We expect law abiding citizens to not break the law while criminals do as they wish..... Isnt that holding citizens to a higher standard? You're absolutely right, that asymmetry does place the average citizen at a significant disadvantage as it pertains to carrying firearms. However, I don't believe just because criminals carry firearms illegally then the rest of the public should be allowed to carry firearm's as freely as criminals.
I guess we agree to disagree.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts