Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you took it to a generic oil change place, my guess is they changed the hard to reach oil filter and spilled a bunch of oil on "top" of the engine. Its a common thing on a gallardo when changing the oil filter. Even worse when its your first time and dont know how to get it out without spilling it. ;)

Then.... when the car is driven after the oil change and you hit the brakes... the hot oil that was spilled on top of the engine then leaks off the front of the engine. The drip point is in the front of the motor and will cover the back of the car like in the pic.

If it leaks for more than one night in the garage... it could be is the rubber o-rings on the oil filter mount. It will pool oil in the same area of the motor and cover it just like in your pic.

There are a ton of great threads to change this with hand tools and a day or so of spare time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Also.... could be the front main seal. Another simple o- ring seal that you can change with hand tools and cost about $50 bucks. Remove the alternator belt, remove the main pully from motor. (just bolted on, no press fit) and then change the seal. Re-install. Access from the bottom of car on hoist is easiest.

Those are the main two "leaking" areas of the Pre LP motor. I changed all of mine in the first weekend of owning mine. (Because Im a psycho) and it hasnt leaked a drop in years now.

I highly doubt the plug is loose or stripped. You could watch it fall out of the sump if this was the case.

Obviously drain the motor of oil before doing these seals... haha. The tutorials on this site are great and just about anyone can do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts