Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ending is absolutely gourmet.

Note the Mystery Driver going by them in the other direction. It would be interesting to learn the back story.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
I am sure the Urus is a great SUV but I can never get that excited about any SUV. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Lamborghini missed a big opportunity to create a truly unique or brand appropriate exotic/luxury SUV with the Urus. I think a successor to the LM002, something wild, boxy/angular and truck like with the Huracan engine would have been hugely successful with buyers, journalists, and Lamborghini fans alike. Look at the buzz the Tesla Cyber Truck created, people have gone nuts over it.

I hate to say it but to me the Urus is just a reskinned Audi SQ8, hell even the engine is built at a Volkswagen factory and then shipped to Lamborghini. Sadly however, the Urus has been extremely successful (far surpassed Lamborghini's own sales expectations and resulted in factory changes to increase supply to attempt to meet demand)...which indicates that essentially whatever SUV they crap out rich people will buy as a status symbol.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I can't get into the SUV either, but the SUV is bringing money and stability to the company. I think it is a completely different kind of buyer. If it gives Lamborghini more funds to put towards car development, I am all for it. They don't have to put many resources or effort into the SUV.

.... and the Miura was never a race car. The few times people raced them they did terrible..... and were probably driven by dudes. ;)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I can't get into the SUV either, but the SUV is bringing money and stability to the company. I think it is a completely different kind of buyer. If it gives Lamborghini more funds to put towards car development, I am all for it. They don't have to put many resources or effort into the SUV.

.... and the Miura was never a race car. The few times people raced them they did terrible..... and were probably driven by dudes. ;)
I'm not a SUV guys either.

However, Porsche would have gone bankrupt without the Cayenne. Now their SUV and EV sales fund the Porsche performance/GT car development.

I'm in favor of the Urus because it does the same thing for Lambo that the Cayenne did for Porsche.

Anything that adds money to the coffers of Lambo's sportscar development is a plus for me. I vote with my wallet by driving a Huracan instead of a Urus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts