Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the going rate for a high quality full body PPF wrap on the Huracan?

I asked the dealer about having a local company do it when my 2022 arrives and he quoted me around 6k to do the full body wrap in matte (or whatever marketing name they are using these days for matte finish PPF) using the shop that they send all their customers to.
Is that a reasonable price? I've never done PPF before on a car so I have no idea what the cost should be.

On the plus side the car will be delivered to me pre-wrapped so I guess that's worth something.

He also said he'd throw in the window tint job for free so he must be making a good markup on the PPF but at least something free is better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
My shop quoted me $7k for full wrap but that’s not for matte. I’m guessing that will be a couple grand more so I’d say $6k in my market (Tampa) would be stellar!! If the dealer referred you I’d trust them. My shop does a lot for local dealers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
$5-$6k for a solid job for xpel clear PPF including rear diffuser. Xpel stealth will run you around $5500. Where are you located?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$5-$6k for a solid job for xpel clear PPF including rear diffuser. Xpel stealth will run you around $5500. Where are you located?
Im in Central Florida. Dealer in West Palm. Not sure if it's Xpel though. I think he said it was some place called Elio Auto Style.

I've heard about the Tampa guy. If I had been able to get an earlier allocation from Sarasota I might have gone that route.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check out Ultimate Auto, they did a removal and a install of new Expel and it came out great. Make sure you get the wrap you want, the cheaper ones can yellow over time. Xpel was my go to. Price seems in line

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I pay around $6,500 for a complete Expel Ultimate wrap and that includes detail with paint correction and then ceramic coating applied to the Expel

·
Registered
BMW ///M
98 Posts
$6,000 is a reasonable price. I was quoted $6,500 for full body PPF (including paint correction and ceramic coating) on my incoming Huracan.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Dang!! What’s up with Tampa?? I didn’t mention two others were at $7,500! None included ceramic coating. Maybe I need to look outside Tampa Bay!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,408 Posts
In Texas with a good installer : $2500 for full frontal + Rockers; $5K to 6K for full coverage.
The materials that are preferred are XPEL for toughness and Suntek for clarity. The problem I have with Suntek is that invariably within a short time after installation I find a through and through perforation.........so much for self-healing. I probably will go with XPEL next go around.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wrap must include paint correction and ceramic pro. The expertise of the installer is critical. These cars are difficult to wrap with all the angles and vents. If not done perfectly, seams will be visible and peeling will be the result. $6-7K is the going rate.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Wrap must include paint correction and ceramic pro. The expertise of the installer is critical. These cars are difficult to wrap with all the angles and vents. If not done perfectly, seams will be visible and peeling will be the result. $6-7K is the going rate.
Where? Again, not in Tampa. Pricing seems to be defined by geography as well. THE BEST in the area I mentioned is $7k and that includes basic paint correction and wrap. Ceramic is completely separate and tacks on at least a grand in my market unless you go with a no warranty coating.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
OP, does a local company mean other than the dealership PPF installer? I understand the convenience of having the car delivered with the PPF installed and I went that route with the dealership installer for my first Porsche and it was horrible. So, my advice is verify the quality of the installer at this "local company" by his reviews and maybe you can go by see some of his work. I advise due diligence.......

Reactions: redjim

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't understand why some people are so concerned about price of PPF on a 275k car. . The most important thing on PPF is the quality of the installer's work! (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) And to do paint correction with the same concern for quality. Another $1000 or so one way or another is not the issue, the installer is the issue. Any worthy installer will welcome you to speak with past customers and inspect his past work. Do you due diligence and you won't be surprised when you go to pick up car. BTW, mine was 7000, and covered it all.

Before I, or someone, I care about has surgery, I do quite a bit of leg work to find out the reputation/success of the surgeons past procedures. The last thing that comes to my mind is $$$. I took the same approach when I had my new Huracan PPF. Another thing I suggest, is to go check out car after the first day of work if possible.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
@redjim If I found you 3 surgeons who will all do equally well for $5k, $7k, and $10k who are you going with? That’s all people are trying to find. Everyone knows the installer is the main attraction. You and others have pounded on that horse.

·
Registered
94 Posts
@redjim If I found you 3 surgeons who will all do equally well for $5k, $7k, and $10k who are you going with? That’s all people are trying to find. Everyone knows the installer is the main attraction. You and others have pounded on that horse.
The price would not make any difference. My wife is a surgeon and believe me, three different surgeons are NOT going to have the same results. Try it and see,...

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
I don't understand why some people are so concerned about price on PPF on a 275k car. . The most important thing on PPF is the quality of the installer's work! (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) And to do paint correction with the same concern for quality. Another $1000 or so one way or another is not the issue, the installer is the issue. Any worthy installer will welcome you to speak with past customers and inspect his past work. Do you due diligence and you won't be surprised when you go to pick up car. BTW, mine was 7000, and covered it all.

Before I, or someone, I care about has surgery, I do quite a bit of leg work to find out the reputation/success of the surgeons past procedures. The last thing that comes to my mind is $$$. I took the same approach when I had my new Huracan PPF. Another thing I suggest, is to go check out car after the first day of work if possible.
Well expressed and to put it more succinctly not all Installers are equally gifted.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts