Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,157 Posts
Does anybody know what the healthy range is for clutch wear readings?
An Aventador clutch is 6mm thick. 5% of that is considered part of the “break in” for the clutch. So when you look up in the computer the wear(on my car it was .9mm recently,) the wear would be .9(total wear) minus .3(break in wear) = .6 divided by 6mm. So the driver wear is 6.66% however when you add in break in wear, the actual clutch life left is 85%.

Wear divided by 6mm = worn amount.

Knowing this you should be able to determine healthy wear amount which I’d think is pretty standard on clutches. Around 10% I would get ready to replace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

An Aventador clutch is 6mm thick. 5% of that is considered part of the “break in” for the clutch. So when you look up in the computer the wear(on my car it was .9mm recently,) the wear would be .9(total wear) minus .3(break in wear) = .6 divided by 6mm. So the driver wear is 6.66% however when you add in break in wear, the actual clutch life left is 85%.

Knowing this you should be able to determine healthy wear amount which I’d think is pretty standard on clutches. Around 10% I would get ready to replace.
Thank you sir, that is exactly what I needed to know.

·
Registered
99 Posts

How many miles? Curious how Aventador wears on the clutch compared to Murci.

·
Super Moderator
3,157 Posts
Based on my current average, clutch should easily reach 50k. Why the change at 20?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I could be in the minority here but I’m interested to learn about this however never have taken apart transmissions. I presume we are looking at a clutch plate but could you explain what is looking wrong about the photo? Thanks in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts