Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me pose a question to this august body, that is, If you started out with a Huracan do you intend to stay there or move to one of the 12-Cylinder variants at some point in the future?
My experience with Porsche is that going from the 718 Cayman S to the 2RS had advantages but the usable performance delta did not seem to justify the price/cost delta. I stress usable because unless you are on a race track a majority of the time and/or race competitively that extra performance, as was the case with the 2RS, is not usable. I am at that juncture again stay with the 10-Cylinder or move up. Though, to be clear, this is only of academic interest to me at this time.
I have to say the 10-Cylinder Huracan is the best Sports Car I have owned but I guess, as is the case, with human nature we are always looking for the bigger better deal.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I don't think I can go that far ahead in time at this point. I am always open to something new, but for now my primary focus is the V10 line and its replacement. This is not to say I am not interested in the A replacement, but probably wouldn't venture in that direction until I satisfy my current interests. So in summary at sometime in the future I most likely will want to move on & up to the next best thing.

Reactions: sattman

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had three V10's and three V12's - depends entirely on usage and many other variables.

Fact for me is that the V10 is used in conjunction with Audi engines where the V12 isn't.

No V12, no care... 😉

·
Registered
187 Posts
As a “car guy” who had a Diablo poster on my wall as a kid of course I want the V12. Not because of any performance reasons but because it was a dream. Once your in this echelon of cars unless you are racing there’s no valuable real world gain in performance. One could even argue H over R8 is just a brand name reason for the price delta. Same engine. Near same performance numbers (on the standard models, STO is something special).

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All interesting comments with different perspectives. One thing I have to say about the Huracan is that 10-Cylinder NA engine for the most part is rock solid. One drawback for me with the present V12s' was the single clutch transmission but, alas, that is poised to change with the "A" replacement. I also heard reports that the V12 has more transmission issues/problems, is that accurate or not?

·
Registered
155 Posts
It’s odd. I absolutely adored the muercialgo (my blank check car is a LP-670SV manual with aero in a real color of which I believe one exists in Switzerland). While I think the aventador is really cool, the single clutch and extra width to me makes it a bit less useable so it’s been of more limited appeal. However now that I have a Huracan on the way, I’m all of a sudden thinking deeply about the future. I’ve got my spot for a technica but have a feeling I’m going to be very compelled by the new v12 with what I imagine will be a dual clutch.

I guess that’s all to say the two tiers of car have always seemed scenario specific to me. Huracan is much better as a daily or frequent use machine, aventador more of a classic Lambo lunacy with the noise, the theatre, the doors, Etc.

In summation I suppose the answer is I want both very badly, but I segment them less along price point and more along lines of use-ability and hence have favored the smaller cars thus far.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My brother in law had an A in London and when I told him I was thinking of picking up a used one he definitely talked me out of it based on the single clutch transmission and the width. He said it was beyond terrible if you are city driving on a regular basis.

I definitely want the A replacement if I could only get on a damn list. My dealer is only letting people who bought an A from them specifically on the list right now, next they will open to multiple other model purchase customers, then everyone else.

Could be in the future that things are more like Ferrari where you have to buy the “lesser” car to get on the waitlist for the “better” one … or buy multiple cars to move up on the priority of the list. I sincerely hope not, I’ve always appreciated that Lamborghini didn’t treat their customers like an ATM machine.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This question basically boils down to money. If money wasn't an object of course I'd get an Aventador and keep the Huracan. The Aventador would be primarily just for show.

But let's say losing 75K in depreciation on the H and sell it to get an Aventador that would probably be a no. Plus I'm going to drive the H so much like my current C7, it has to be reliable for the miles I'll put on.

Then again it comes back to my first line if I see I earn a whole lot in 10 years, what am I going to do with that money? Keep it in the bank for retirement? Hmmm? Life expectancy in my domain is 67 years old...

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My brother in law had an A in London and when I told him I was thinking of picking up a used one he definitely talked me out of it based on the single clutch transmission and the width. He said it was beyond terrible if you are city driving on a regular basis.

I definitely want the A replacement if I could only get on a damn list. My dealer is only letting people who bought an A from them specifically on the list right now, next they will open to multiple other model purchase customers, then everyone else.

Could be in the future that things are more like Ferrari where you have to buy the “lesser” car to get on the waitlist for the “better” one … or buy multiple cars to move up on the priority of the list. I sincerely hope not, I’ve always appreciated that Lamborghini didn’t treat their customers like an ATM machine.
I have been assured multiple times and recently if I want the "A" replacement I will get one and I was initially leaning toward doing it but I am not so sure now. I will just see how the STO goes and whether it makes sense when the allocations are released.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s odd. I absolutely adored the muercialgo (my blank check car is a LP-670SV manual with aero in a real color of which I believe one exists in Switzerland). While I think the aventador is really cool, the single clutch and extra width to me makes it a bit less useable so it’s been of more limited appeal. However now that I have a Huracan on the way, I’m all of a sudden thinking deeply about the future. I’ve got my spot for a technica but have a feeling I’m going to be very compelled by the new v12 with what I imagine will be a dual clutch.

I guess that’s all to say the two tiers of car have always seemed scenario specific to me. Huracan is much better as a daily or frequent use machine, aventador more of a classic Lambo lunacy with the noise, the theatre, the doors, Etc.

In summation I suppose the answer is I want both very badly, but I segment them less along price point and more along lines of use-ability and hence have favored the smaller cars thus far.
All excellent points and agree with your summary.

·
Registered
86 Posts
over the past 3 years, i have had a 580-2, and then the AV S, and now the SVJ. i drove each of them daily from march to about november. for me personally, absolutely no comparison--aventador line 100 times out of 100. why? in no order (knee jerk answer):

doors
road presence--very unique look
more exclusive--see far fewer of them
sound of the V12
AWD - explode off the line and supreme confidence
more carbon

i could care less about outdated tech--that is why my daily driver is for.

if anyone has an opinion on the single clutch and heft of the car, see if they have driven one. i heard so many people (not here) weigh in on these factors, yet 99% of them had not driven one before...or they had only driven the base Aventador. i did about an hour with one of those too--the transmission and lack of RWS gave some validity to those concerns--much much better in the newer iterations.

my AVS and SVJ cost far more than my huracan--but for me, i have never once had a second thought :) in no way am i speaking ill of the huracan/evo...awesome cars! i loved mine--just trying to give honest thoughts from my perspective.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
over the past 3 years, i have had a 580-2, and then the AV S, and now the SVJ. i drove each of them daily from march to about november. for me personally, absolutely no comparison--aventador line 100 times out of 100. why? in no order (knee jerk answer):

doors
road presence--very unique look
more exclusive--see far fewer of them
sound of the V12
AWD - explode off the line and supreme confidence
more carbon

i could care less about outdated tech--that is why my daily driver is for.

if anyone has an opinion on the single clutch and heft of the car, see if they have driven one. i heard so many people (not here) weigh in on these factors, yet 99% of them had not driven one before...or they had only driven the base Aventador. i did about an hour with one of those too--the transmission and lack of RWS gave some validity to those concerns--much much better in the newer iterations.

my AVS and SVJ cost far more than my huracan--but for me, i have never once had a second thought :) in no way am i speaking ill of the huracan/evo...awesome cars! i loved mine--just trying to give honest thoughts from my perspective.
Everything you said makes perfect sense to me and I have a feeling I would feel the same way if I had AVS or SVJ to compare. It must be like 2 different worlds.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Let me pose a question to this august body, that is, If you started out with a Huracan do you intend to stay there or move to one of the 12-Cylinder variants at some point in the future?
My experience with Porsche is that going from the 718 Cayman S to the 2RS had advantages but the usable performance delta did not seem to justify the price/cost delta. I stress usable because unless you are on a race track a majority of the time and/or race competitively that extra performance, as was the case with the 2RS, is not usable. I am at that juncture again stay with the 10-Cylinder or move up. Though, to be clear, this is only of academic interest to me at this time.
I have to say the 10-Cylinder Huracan is the best Sports Car I have owned but I guess, as is the case, with human nature we are always looking for the bigger better deal.
Hey Albert!

The only thing that prevented me to upgrade to AV is the transmission. I don't want to pay $10K warranty per year to cover their manufacturing defect (transmission leak). The tech told me that 1 out of of 3 AV can develop a trans leak sometime during the ownership. First I thought they just wanted to sell me their expensive warranty, but then I saw one AV with trans on the floor when I visited their service center. When buying a car, I like peace of mind. Maybe I'm spoiled with the high reliability of local cars.

Other than that, the V12, scissor door, and the sound are truly the winner for street driving. For track driving, however, it really depends on the driver. I hated the AV so much because not only it was fat heavy, it wanted to control me. A true control freak so to speak :) IMO.

There is no way I'm returning to P cars. I had the Boxster and 911 and have graduated from there long ago :)

Santa with a violin.

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
454 Posts
Why not both.
In all seriousness. I Absolutely love both the STO and the SVJ. BUT if I have to get rid of one for some bizarre reason…. The STO is gone. The SVJ feels like a monster and the STO feels “soft” and “playful” best way to compare them is a Bull and a Calf. I driven a few Ferrari’s and A 765lt and the SVJ just feels special. The rawness and sounds it makes. Yes it’s probably the slowest but cares.
Honestly I might be looking for an SV in a year or two.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I can share my story on this.

I started with a 580-2 Spyder, then went to a 580-2 coupe that I bought brand new. I could fit in the coupe MUCH better. Loved both cars though, and there are days I certainly miss the Spyder. Then while I had the 580 coupe, I got a 640 Murcielago. I bought that purely because it was baddass and I thought that it was sure to appreciate in value. I wasn’t planning on driving it much at all. Now in this comparison, the Huracan is the better AND faster car. Not really close. However, I found myself driving the Murci every chance I could get and getting back in the Huracan felt like a big step down in the entire experience. Probably didn’t help that two of my friends had Aventadors and the presence of those things is immense and they capture all attention. So I started putting miles on the wrong car. The sound was nuts (way better than the Aventador), and it just made me feel like a kid again. So the V12 model with the doors won me over even when compared with the much better Huracan. So I traded both of those cars in on a Aventador S. I feel this is the right answer for me, as it’s basically a marriage of the Huracan and Murci. I get the full Lamborghini super experience with more modern tech and reliability.

I don’t think I could go back to a Huracan after the AVS. So what I’m doing instead is ordering a new 2023 Urus to give me that alternative Lambo that I can do more things with. After that, my plan is to get an Aventador Roadster to add to the collection.

Cars discussed:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Hood

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

1 - 20 of 262 Posts