Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this in the Diablo and Murcielago sections, but I have alaways been tempted by a Countach 5000 QV, thus if you guys want to comment...

To all,

I am new to this and having owned over 30 sportscars - and still having too many in the garage according to girlfriend , I never had a Lambo - lots of valid and invalid reasons for this. I have now decided to sell one of my cars - Ferrari Maranello and to try the Lambo experience.

I will be using the car for fun driving, but also take it to the office from time to time, being in Luxembourg, the occasional rain shower will be part of the equation too.

I hesitate between the Murcielago and the Diablo 6.0 (eventually in SE form, but not a must), I have ruled out the Gallardo - not enough Lambo for me. Any advice on what to look for? Which car would be the most fun? Easy to live with? I have also heard that Murcielagos, funnily enough have a worse build quality than the 6.0....

Thanks for helping a Lambo virgin.

Gerard
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I'd prefer a Diablo VT6.0 or an 1999 SV in your position, both models are reliable well engineered and sorted out.
Both are true lambos although the VT6.0 has influences from Audi, the dashboard of the latest Diablos is the most beautiful of all with the carbon layer.
That's what I really hate on the Murci, the dashboard looks as boring as in a VW Polo/Golf :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you get a murci, you should have no problems driving it daily if you wanted to. I do not think the 6.0s were built better than murcis either. Quality control at Lambo has improved over the years, that remark someone told you doesn't make sense.

The only problem is once you get a Murci, you will never want to drive a ferrari again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The quality point was actually made by a Murci owner! Which was counter-intuitive. In any case, his remark was that the last Diablos had been put together with real special care, as only very few were being made, while the Murci had a much more "plasticky" feel to it. He also mentioned that his engine went bust twice (I know once for a fact), and that when the work was being done and look into the engine bay, there were things like different bolts for the same use (As if they were taking whatever came along). he might be a little piss.. off at his car, but in any case that had me concerned.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Murciélago

I'm likely biased, but the Murciélago is simply the better choice. It can be an every day driver due to its ease of use and comfort. I agree that the latter Diablos are far more "Italian" and truer Lamborghinis, but once you put your foot on the clutch, you'll know the Murciélago is the way to go....

·
Registered
36 Posts
At the risk of offending my 12 cylinder buddies, don't be so hasty to rule out the Gallardo. It is the most civilized Lambo yet, which is often misinterpretted as "soft", making it very easy to live with. Surely the whole point is to drive rather than pose! The Diablo and Murci are both epic cars but remember they're both massively wide, which is fine in the States and Canada but more of an issue here in Europe. I eventually went for the Gallardo for that very reason. I think the Gallardo is better suited to our "twisty turny" roads and makes more sense over here.

·
Registered
809 Posts
ahAhAHahahahahAHa

roy needs his own dealership, PERIOD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts