Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all,

I am new to this and having owned over 30 sportscars - and still having too many in the garage according to girlfriend :D , I never had a Lambo - lots of valid and invalid reasons for this. I have now decided to sell one of my cars - Ferrari Maranello and to try the Lambo experience.

I will be using the car for fun driving, but also take it to the office from time to time, being in Luxembourg, the occasional rain shower will be part of the equation too.

I hesitate between the Murcielago and the Diablo 6.0 (eventually in SE form, but not a must), I have ruled out the Gallardo - not enough Lambo for me. Any advice on what to look for? Which car would be the most fun? Easy to live with? I have also heard that Murcielagos, funnily enough have a worse build quality than the 6.0....

Thanks for helping a Lambo virgin.

Gerard

·
Banned
183 Posts
Go for the pair

You should be able to trade that Maranello straight across for the Gallaro! It's not like a Ferrari, more direct and less jittery, but also less agile, don't know about the new 06/SE though, but hey, if your going for a Murcielago, (a must) then you've gotta get both! You can't go without having the Companion peice!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree that you will find the Gallardo as not enough lambo.

It will be a great car and I am sure if you buy it, you will be grinning when you drive ... but coming from a Maranello, you need to step up to a Murcielago to experience something totally new and crazy.

If you are looking for a daily driver, do not buy a Diablo if you can afford the Murci. The Murci is much better suited for daily driving, not to mention you will see a marked improvement in reliability over an older Diablo

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
When you get ready and know what you want, call me I can get it for you

RoyToy 1-206-396-5059 :wave:
Come on Roy, someone is coming over to the dark side and you weren't the reason?!?!? That is a rarity!! I thought for sure he was going mention you in there somewhere!!

Roy what would you suggest? Mucie or the Diablo? You have both and I think you have the most experience with a variety of Lamborghinis.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just made the move too...

Hey there -

I just made the move from a 360 Spyder to a 575M F1 to a 2003 Murcie. It's so hard to compare the cars. The Ferrari feels almost too refined and smooth where the Lambo has just total guteral RAW power. It's hard to explain until you get into one and drive it. The Lambo gets 100X's the looks and stares then the Ferrari ever did. I don't know if that is good or bad, it really depends on your personality.

I'm glad I made the switch as it's been a really fun car to have and drive around. let's just hope that the dealership in Bellevue eventually opens up so I have a place to take my car for service! Roy, any new news on this? Also Roy, my wife ended up in the hospital for 2 surgeries this week so I was basically out of touch for the past week. That's the reason i didn't call you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im surprised so many people are suggesting the murci....if you go to a diablo at all, esp. the 6.0, you WILL NOT be disappointed. i mean you wont by the murci either, but I think that the 6.0 is yes, like you said, a better build quality as well as a whole hell-of-a-lot more of a car. Get an SE if you can, my dad has one and it is absolutely stunning, and a lot less trouble than any of the other lambos...the exhaust note that purrrrs from that bull is unlike any other sound you will ever hear....and the raw, powerful, yet still nimble kick in your pants driving experience the diablo gives you (which since you are coming from Ferrari, you are probably looking for) is unmatched. I know my dad would be surprised I am saying this, but DIABLO all the way. Wouldnt you agree dad?

·
Registered
148 Posts
ferrarif50GT said:
Lamborghini is ok, but nothin compares to ferrari cars
?? slightly conceited argument there that NOTHING compares to Ferrari ??

I love Lambos but still think that there ate LOTS of cars that compare, and are BETTER.

Some Ferraris are good, the 355 anmd the F40 for instance, some were not so good (F50, 512R) and if you want to compare an Enzo, a Zonda and a Murci £ for MPH then Lambo wins EVERY time..................

Nuff said :mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was hoping no one would respond to his post...hes obviously just looking to cause trouble...I mean his one and only post is about slow, machine built, pieces of...well like I said I was hoping no one would respond to that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
809 Posts
exactly why i refrained...

of course "robot-crafted" isn't exactly something people like to advertise...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have both a Murci and a 430. The 430 is more refined and agile. The Murci is more staight line boulevard cruiser and flashy.

430 is the better Car for driving in town
Murci is the better car for your stripper girlfriend to get out of with that
tiny skirt on:eek:

Uhhhhh what was I talking about?:rolleyes:

Mark

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
GL911. Good luck with your future purchase. I highly recommend Roy at Catz exotics. I have dealt with him in the past, and although I didn't buy my car there (a dealer friend in CA offered me a cant' pass deal...), I would not hesitate to do so. He is also the only dealer in the country that offers a proper guarantee. I have a Murci....nothing like it...!! :evil:

·
Registered
3 Posts
?? slightly conceited argument there that NOTHING compares to Ferrari ??

I love Lambos but still think that there ate LOTS of cars that compare, and are BETTER.

Some Ferraris are good, the 355 anmd the F40 for instance, some were not so good (F50, 512R) and if you want to compare an Enzo, a Zonda and a Murci £ for MPH then Lambo wins EVERY time..................

Nuff said :mad:

I have been looking at Lambos and Ferrari's reacantly due to the market being very good for me in a few ways... but EVERY company has its good and bad models...

NO ONE can really compare the two, personal preferance is a big part but in all reality they are both super cars... ;)

-Nemo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts