Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
You are correct, gloves stop the oils and dirt transfer from your hands to the Alcantara.
Any soft thin vented leather would be my choice.

But, you may open a firestorm as many joke about drivers wearing gloves :)
In that regard, my real comment is to buy gloves that match your skin color, so those jokers do not notice an opportunity to joke with you.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
The expert on this is Albert, Lambo2018. And yea the ball busting I got wearing gloves when I had my Spyder with alcantara was ruthless so tossed gloves and changed steering wheel

• Haha
Reactions: asmazda

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,270 Posts
What gloves you recommend to protect Alcantara steering wheel while driving?
I got a pair of handmade Italian leather touchscreen gloves. Now I just have to wear them!

Reactions: asmazda

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
493 Posts
Sparco Rocket RG4 (when I had a 370Z Nismo)
Greddy “mechanic gloves” (too stiff)
Lamborghini STO gloves

Honesty any vented glove would work. Sparco was vented and worked with my phone.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Got these from Lamborgnini when I attended the esperienza event in Sonoma last month. They feel amazing and very well made.

Rectangle Font Material property Eyewear Electronic instrument

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Those are sweet!!!
Lamborghini esperienza was top notch - they sizes our hand for the gloves when we arrived (I thought it was for the track day) but it was for these gloves which they left in our hotel room.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,467 Posts
Lamborghini esperienza was top notch - they sizes our hand for the gloves when we arrived (I thought it was for the track day) but it was for these gloves which they left in our hotel room.
That is spectacular. I actually found a pair on their site that is black with green stitching like my car. I may not be able to pass them up!! I emailed them to confirm sizing. I don't want to spend all that money for it to come and have some loose leather at the end of a finger or two.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
That is spectacular. I actually found a pair on their site that is black with green stitching like my car. I may not be able to pass them up!! I emailed them to confirm sizing. I don't want to spend all that money for it to come and have some loose leather at the end of a finger or two.
You’ll love it. The quality is beautiful

• Helpful
Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
300 Posts
You are correct, gloves stop the oils and dirt transfer from your hands to the Alcantara.
Any soft thin vented leather would be my choice.

But, you may open a firestorm as many joke about drivers wearing gloves :)
In that regard, my real comment is to buy gloves that match your skin color, so those jokers do not notice an opportunity to joke with you.
Are gloves really driving gloves if they aren't butter-soft interior-matching leather with those big round holes over the knuckles?
I always wanted an excuse to wear those, but now I have finally found it!

Proper heel-and-toeing seems to go with them, somehow...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I bought my car, the alcantara was basically ruined by previous owner to the point it could not be cleaned, so I had a new Alcantara put on it…. And I drive without gloves, because nothing beats the feeling of Alcantara on my naked hands! (And I will change it again if needed…)

Vehicle Car Steering part Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
16,517 Posts
Did someone say gloves? I see OP mentioned an Alcantara steering wheel, and what pray tell is that? Never having owned an A$$cantera steering wheel, I am dying of curiosity what is it?

Joking aside, Fratelli Orsini driving gloves are thin and comfortable, and will keep the "A" wheel in better shape and provide excellent grip too.

PS: @Blu Bull is just jealous. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Blu Bull
1 - 20 of 24 Posts