Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing through the garage section, checking out some pics of lambos, and I noticed a few of the gallardos have glass engine covers. I've never seen that on a gallardo before, is it a factory option, someone fill me in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, the glass engine bonnet for the Gallardo is a factory option at $4,030 USD. It was available about 6 months after production started.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lambo-Crazy said:
I was just browsing through the garage section, checking out some pics of lambos, and I noticed a few of the gallardos have glass engine covers. I've never seen that on a gallardo before, is it a factory option, someone fill me in.
Yep factory option, along with the GPS navigation, which came in around the same time. Well thats the case in Europe anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I thought I wanted the glass engine cover, and the local dealer would install it for about $8,000 parts and labor to my car which has the standard cover. Then I met someone in my town with the same color gallardo with the glass engine cover and I have to say I like the standard cover better because the louvers on it look good and honestly the engine isn's as cool looking as some other cars which will go unnamed! (But the gallardo is still a much better car than them!)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Side by side i just think the glass cover looks better, particularly on the black cars. I think there are at least 3 black G's on this forum that have the same option. My old 360 looked more showey with the red cam covers, but a 5 litre V10 still has a lot of street presence in black ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts