Wow, that is crazy!

Reactions: Kratos

Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
Discussion Starter #22

Registered
The exhaust master has spoken, Haha.
Thanks for schooling me bro.
Wow, 9 years and everyone thought they could design an exhaust that this car needed, and they couldn't. And maybe they just should have copied Stardropper....
Hahah -- You're the build master my friend! I just knew you'd be interested in the actual pics of SVJ design (since Gintani hasn't shown). I'm so glad you're ordering with Gintani though. I believe they have studied the recipe and are now making delicious steak as well hahah

Excited to see how yours turns out. I know it will be MENTAL. And your car already looks insane to match =)

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
It has a pitch that I have never heard before, and I LOVE IT!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
It has a pitch that I have never heard before, and I LOVE IT!
This is why I couldn't resist trying it. I hope I get this scream or better (Gintani made a bold claim to me that mine will be even better 馃槺 :eek: )

Premium Member
I messaged a bit with Kratos on Insta.

Stardropper are the ones who created this exhaust for the Tokyo Auto Salon. It is real sound. It is a MEGA X-Pipe (so basically... instead of 2 x 2.5" pipes after cat deletes, you are taking an entire V12 down to 3.0" total for a section of exhaust) -- and also features equal length cat-deletes (test pipes) which are important to the pitch too.

Gintani definitely studied the Stardropper design and now will get credit for it (in the USA), but this is on several cars in Japan and sounds absolutely MENTAL:
Just checked out the Japanese website...about $9000 for Huracan and $12000 for Avent. Not street legal in Japan, but looks OK for USA. They are in Saitama (next to Tokyo) with branch office in Tokyo in Takanawa (probably near the Takanawa Prince Hotel).

Registered
It might not be the Stardropper exhaust. It sounds close but I believe it could be the Exhautech equal length headers

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #29
You guys should check this new video out by Savage Garage of their Gintani exhaust. Crazy sound and Alex of Gintani reveals his motives behind his "secrecy" in which I'll let you guys give your opinion on it.

Registered
2017 Aventador S
It makes sense, though isn鈥檛 that what the patent system is for? I鈥檓 not an attorney, patent or otherwise, just seems like the logical thing to do to protect your proprietary system. Unless he borrowed from Stardropper and doesn鈥檛 want them getting wise to it.

Sounds amazing, when is your exhaust supposed to arrive?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #32
It might not be the Stardropper exhaust. It sounds close but I believe it could be the Exhautech equal length headers
People feel he copied one of the companies, just not sure who yet.

Over 6 weeks in, and no response to a build completition. I may pull out of this and just stick with my Capristo since no one knows how to get a Stardropper.

Registered
Have you tried contacting Stardropper directly at that email someone posted above ??

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #34
Have you tried contacting Stardropper directly at that email someone posted above ??
By the time I got any information on how to contact Stardropper, I was already in bed with Gintani. 2 month mark now on my Gintani order and I wish I got some of this information beforehand, cause I would have had a Stardropper by now.

Registered
By the time I got any information on how to contact Stardropper, I was already in bed with Gintani. 2 month mark now on my Gintani order and I wish I got some of this information beforehand, cause I would have had a Stardropper by now.
good luck

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #36
good luck
Just got my money back a few minutes ago. Something is wrong with production in Gintani's camp. Got that sign today when I called.

Man I wish someone knew where I could find a Stardropper real fast....

Reactions: BRU

Registered
2017 Aventador S
Just got my money back a few minutes ago. Something is wrong with production in Gintani's camp. Got that sign today when I called.

Man I wish someone knew where I could find a Stardropper real fast....
What kind of wait time did Vivid quote? Wonder if a group buy would bring the price down...

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
What kind of wait time did Vivid quote? Wonder if a group buy would bring the price down...
Haven't heard back from Vivid yet on it. Could be that the time zones are so far apart that it's hard to communicate with anyone in Japan.

Vendor

I still have a message in with them so waiting to hear back. I'd like to know if there is more interest for this system though. I would love to see more people with it so if there are a few people that want to do a group buy that could really help.

Registered
2017 Aventador S
I still have a message in with them so waiting to hear back. I'd like to know if there is more interest for this system though. I would love to see more people with it so if there are a few people that want to do a group buy that could really help.
I didn't see a model listed for the LP740-4 S on Boomcraft/Stardropper's website. If you hear back from them, would you please inquire if this is available?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts