Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made up my mind on which exhaust to go with. Ordered my Tubi and getting it installed next week. A good friend of mine is also getting his fitted tomorrow so we'll try and shoot some video and audio of the cars when they're both together, towards the back end of next week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you getting the regular or rumore (loud) version?
I am leaning towards the Tubi for sound but want to make sure I can fit anothter company's cats or straight pipes to gain some HP/TQ...
Also, are the Tubi tips removable? WOuld ideally like quad tips (cargraphic, hamann and kreissieg all have them)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
msindi said:
Are you getting the regular or rumore (loud) version?
I am leaning towards the Tubi for sound but want to make sure I can fit anothter company's cats or straight pipes to gain some HP/TQ...
Also, are the Tubi tips removable? WOuld ideally like quad tips (cargraphic, hamann and kreissieg all have them)
Still waiting to hear back on the DB for the loud option. Dont want to get blocked from circuits for breaking the DB limits. I didnt like the look of the quad pipes as it means removing the rear grills around the exiting exhaust tips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How much did you get it for and where?
I ask because I will be in London from he 1st until the 9th and it might be chepaer to pick one up and bring it on the plane with me than to pay shipping to Dubai!!
Definitely beats shipping from the US anyhow
Are the tips removable or not?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
msindi said:
How much did you get it for and where?
I ask because I will be in London from he 1st until the 9th and it might be chepaer to pick one up and bring it on the plane with me than to pay shipping to Dubai!!
Definitely beats shipping from the US anyhow
Are the tips removable or not?
I got a good deal, as we were buying two systems at the same time, so not sure i should give the price publically. It was less than £2k including fitting. I beleive i retain the existing tips, but not sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
James, you won't regret the loud version i've had mine about 2 months but your neighbours might. As far as track days i think tracks like Silverstone will be fine but Brands could be an issue and Bedford a definate NO

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend brought his car round to the house tonight with the newly fitted loud Tubi. All i can say is WOW!!! It sounds amazing, like a totally different car. As he put it, "now the car sounds like it looks". Deep note on tick over, and what a noise when you blip the throttle. He did a couple of drive by's too, definitely going to shoot some video of both cars next week.

Cant wait for mine to be installed next week, hopefully Wednesday.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chris_m said:
James, you won't regret the loud version i've had mine about 2 months but your neighbours might. As far as track days i think tracks like Silverstone will be fine but Brands could be an issue and Bedford a definate NO
Hi Chris, which part of the UK are you from? You should post some photos of your car. What colour, options etc did you go for?

·
Registered
66 Posts
congratulations, james! i've been debating Tubi or Larini. i am partial to the "F1" sound as well, although i've grown to like the more "guttural" sound of Lambo stock which Larini, I hear, extends.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
henrus said:
congratulations, james! i've been debating Tubi or Larini. i am partial to the "F1" sound as well, although i've grown to like the more "guttural" sound of Lambo stock which Larini, I hear, extends.
You want to hear guttural, just wait till we get the video shot next week. The engine note is very deep on idle and just awesome on drivebys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
jamesketchell said:
Hi Chris, which part of the UK are you from? You should post some photos of your car. What colour, options etc did you go for?
I am from Orpington in Kent not far from Brands. The car is Rossp Metis with Charcoal / cream interior Ill try to post some pics over the weekend. Just a note . I had my system fitted by Lam. London as they were saying if it was fitted by any others it could invalidate the warrenty and from what experience you had they don't need any help there.We should all meet up sometime, 3 tubied Gallardos should wake a few sleepy villages up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chris_m said:
I am from Orpington in Kent not far from Brands. The car is Rossp Metis with Charcoal / cream interior Ill try to post some pics over the weekend. Just a note . I had my system fitted by Lam. London as they were saying if it was fitted by any others it could invalidate the warrenty and from what experience you had they don't need any help there.We should all meet up sometime, 3 tubied Gallardos should wake a few sleepy villages up.
Yes i heard the same comments about warranty. The truth is that any after market exhaust will "effect" the warranty, no matter who installs it. The way HR Owen get around the problem is by reinstalling the old exhaust before they make a claim. The same service is offered by most after market companies.

It would be great to meet up, as you say three cars would be quite a noise (no matter what other peoples opinions might be)

Get posting those pictures!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
James,

I've heard that the Tubi's tend to give you a headache when cruising because of some vibration or resonance at certain speeds. Have you encountered this?

h

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
henrus said:
James,

I've heard that the Tubi's tend to give you a headache when cruising because of some vibration or resonance at certain speeds. Have you encountered this?

h
Well mines not installed until next Wednesday and my friends only had his a couple of days so its too early to tell. Doing the Gumball rally in may (3000 miles) so a better stock up on advil.....

Seriously though, there is a resonance above the standard unit and I'm sure on long runs it could become tiring. It really boils down to personal preference and use of the car i guess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts