Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #1
Of the forum members that have owned Lamborghinis for a while do you guys use the dealership or an Indy shop for service? My understanding is only the dealership can enter the service performed in the Lamborghini system and the service performed Indy shop's service would appear on the CarFax only, is that correct or not?
I know there are probably people on this forum that can turn a wrench but I do not count myself amongst that august body so I need the experts. A man has got to know his limitations.

Registered
As long as the warranty lasts I let the dealership do it. After that, I might. I work on everything I own and some things friends and family own, including airplanes. The Huracan is the first car I have ever taken to the dealer for maintenance. I have taken cars/trucks/motorcycle for warranty or recalls and was usually disappointed in their efforts.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the warranty lasts I let the dealership do it. After that, I might. I work on everything I own and some things friends and family own, including airplanes. The Huracan is the first car I have ever taken to the dealer for maintenance. I have taken cars/trucks/motorcycle for warranty or recalls and was usually disappointed in their efforts.
Understood; BTW, have you had the second year service performed yet? If you have what is the cost for that service?

Registered
I'd go indy unless your home dealer offers free pickup that works better with your schedule. Mine is being picked up in a week for service. They pickup on enclosed truck and drop back home for free. $750 for basic maintenance.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #5
I'd go indy unless your home dealer offers free pickup that works better with your schedule. Mine is being picked up in a week for service. They pickup on enclosed truck and drop back home for free. $750 for basic maintenance.
That is impressive, so your Indy shop provides door to door service. Is that $750 for the 1st or 2nd year service?

Registered
That is impressive, so your Indy shop provides door to door service. Is that $750 for the 1st or 2nd year service?
No. Sorry for the confusion. My dealer offers that. Indy you have to drop off and pickup in person.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #7
I am talking to the local Lamborghini dealership and waiting to receive their estimate for the 2nd year service. I already have what the Indy shop will charge ($2,705), and I will see how they compare.

Registered
I am talking to the local Lamborghini dealership and waiting to receive their estimate for the 2nd year service. I already have what the Indy shop will charge ($2,705), and I will see how they compare.
Little pricey. My 3rd year was $1500 and 4th year $2100 at aurthorized dealer.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #9
Little pricey. My 3rd year was $1500 and 4th year $2100 at aurthorized dealer.
Thanks I am still waiting on the dealership pricing but somehow I don't feel it's going to be "better" pricing. One thing about the Austin car market and dealerships they are to a large extent out of step with the pricing in many other cities. Just to give an example and this explains why I purchased my Huracan outside of Austin in another state..........In Austin I was looking at a 2018 Huracan with ~3700 miles, no PPF, and a few chips on the front nose..................well I paid pretty much the same price for a 2019 with 1634 miles and a full frontal PPF and that dealership even provided free enclosed carry.
BTW, I have had the Huracan for ~ 2 weeks now and it's pristine.

Registered
I don't remember what my second year service was. I had other things done so the bill was quit a bit. If you call Lambo Dallas they will tell you. In the old days I got discounts on service. My 1st year service was around $600. No discount the second year But $2000+- sounds about right.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #11
I don't remember what my second year service was. I had other things done so the bill was quit a bit. If you call Lambo Dallas they will tell you. In the old days I got discounts on service. My 1st year service was around $600. No discount the second year But $2000+- sounds about right.
Okay thanks, oh yeh, there is the other thing I feel needs mentioning the Charlotte Lamborghini dealership performed the 1 years service on a 9 month old car before delivery. (y)

Registered
Thanks I am still waiting on the dealership pricing but somehow I don't feel it's going to be "better" pricing. One thing about the Austin car market and dealerships they are to a large extent out of step with the pricing in many other cities. Just to give an example and this explains why I purchased my Huracan outside of Austin in another state..........In Austin I was looking at a 2018 Huracan with ~3700 miles, no PPF, and a few chips on the front nose..................well I paid pretty much the same price for a 2019 with 1634 miles and a full frontal PPF and that dealership even provided free enclosed carry.
BTW, I have had the Huracan for ~ 2 weeks now and it's pristine.
You were wise to shop out of state. Unfortunately servicing the car locally can make the Lambo tax unavoidable.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #13
Well I may of spoke to soon just got the 2 yr estimate for the Austin dealership, and it is ~$1800 with free pick and delivery.

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
I take mine to the dealer, no substitutions. 1st $1500, 2nd yr $1600.

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
I should add they gave a new Maserati to drive for a day and a half.

Reactions: NFA Review Channel

Premium Member
$1800 is pretty good. Does it include new spark plugs? (can wait until 3rd year though)

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #18
$1800 is pretty good. Does it include new spark plugs? (can wait until 3rd year though)
No spark plugs and the service advisor said based upon the low mileage profile of the vehicles he routinely sees it probably will not need to change the air or pollen filter. Yes he recommended 3rd year for spark plugs. The second year service, in addition to "checking/inspecting" several items includes: oil/oil filter, brake fluid flush, and replacing engine coolant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts