Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy 2018 Huracan Performante Spyder and because I never had a spyder I want to ask about the cons of owning one in a country that is not that hot (Poland).

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm looking to buy 2018 Huracan Performante Spyder and because I never had a spyder I want to ask about the cons of owning one in a country that is not that hot (Poland).
Where I live we get all 4 seasonal extremes. We get up to 40+ degrees C during the summer, and down into the -15 range C in the winter. (105 F in the summer and 0 F and occasional negative in the winter).

In the summer I couldn’t put the top down regularly because it was too dang hot. Honestly my spring and fall months are the top down months for sure. I don’t mind running the heater and heated seats if it gets a little too chilly, but you’re probably better off in a place that doesn’t get too hot.

For the record, I haven’t owned a Lambo convertible, only Porsches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where I live we get all 4 seasonal extremes. We get up to 40+ degrees C during the summer, and down into the -15 range C in the winter. (105 F in the summer and 0 F and occasional negative in the winter).

In the summer I couldn’t put the top down regularly because it was too dang hot. Honestly my spring and fall months are the top down months for sure. I don’t mind running the heater and heated seats if it gets a little too chilly, but you’re probably better off in a place that doesn’t get too hot.

For the record, I haven’t owned a Lambo convertible, only Porsches.

Thanks for converting temperature to Celsius'es - very kind of you!

Yeah, I plowed through the forum and I can see that it's a repeating theme - that actually in the hot weather it's not that nice to have roof down which seems counter-intuitive, but at practice it's where the truth lies.

Porsche or Lambo - I think it still has similar pros and cons. Maybe if we would compare it to Mercedes that has airscarf then it would make sense, but in sports car (which most don't have that apart from Merc) I think that might not be the case (just assuming!). But yeah - I have a question regarding that: does the wind blow around the neck so it actually hurts? Never had a convertible before.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I drive mine with the top down or I don't drive it. In the cold the wife wears a heavy coat and takes a blanket, in the summer I just drive in the cooler part of the day(early morning), which in Texas is not really that cool but cooler.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,258 Posts
I'm in Hawaii and sometimes it is too hot to put the top down. I would love to have some cold weather to go topless! The best part is you can always put it up and turn on the heater if you want. I just love having the option of both. I just ordered my 6th Lamborghini and all have been rag tops.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drive mine with the top down or I don't drive it. In the cold the wife wears a heavy coat and takes a blanket, in the summer I just drive in the cooler part of the day(early morning), which in Texas is not really that cool but cooler.
I admire such wives :D Other would probably say to take something more 'civilized'.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in Hawaii and sometimes it is too hot to put the top down. I would love to have some cold weather to go topless! The best part is you can always put it up and turn on the heater if you want. I just love having the option of both. I just ordered my 6th Lamborghini and all have been rag tops.
Which car did you go for Russ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in Germany and i see no cons in getting a spyder. All my cars are convertibles, except the panamera. I would never get a sports car that is NOT a convertible :)

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
Which car did you go for Russ?
I am ordering a 2021 EVO RWD Spyder in Verde Themis, just working out the details now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am ordering a 2021 EVO RWD Spyder in Verde Themis, just working out the details now.
you know I love green! can’t wait to see how you’ll spec it!

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
you know I love green! can’t wait to see how you’ll spec it!
Once I get it finalized I'll post my order sheet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I live in Germany and i see no cons in getting a spyder. All my cars are convertibles, except the panamera. I would never get a sports car that is NOT a convertible :)
In the Lambo I feel claustrophobic in a convertible. I’m only 6’1” (185 cm) and I definitely am at the limit of “fitting” in the car. The convertible top takes up a bit of room and moves the seat forward and slightly tilted up when compared to the coupe.

When I drove a convertible I was just tall enough that I was feeling a lot of the wind buffeting the top of my head. I felt exposed like I would take any rock that missed the windshield. Those are my reasons that I prefer the coupe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah like what most people
In the Lambo I feel claustrophobic in a convertible. I’m only 6’1” (185 cm) and I definitely am at the limit of “fitting” in the car. The convertible top takes up a bit of room and moves the seat forward and slightly tilted up when compared to the coupe.

When I drove a convertible I was just tall enough that I was feeling a lot of the wind buffering the top of my head. I felt exposes like I would take any rock that missed the windshield. Those are my reasons that I prefer the coupe.

I'm 5'9 and I thought I'm maxed out on what would be considered comfortable, but I also prefer to fit a little fit further back than most people.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spyder would work fine in Poland, even in winter, you turn on the heating and have a bobble cap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

When I drove a convertible I was just tall enough that I was feeling a lot of the wind buffering the top of my head. I felt exposes like I would take any rock that missed the windshield. Those are my reasons that I prefer the coupe.
I'm 5'9 and I thought I'm maxed out on what would be considered comfortable, but I also prefer to fit a little fit further back than most people.
I'm 188 cm (6'2) and never sat in Huracan before and with LHP post I feel like when I get inside it will be too small.

So coupe have more space for head?

Spyder would work fine in Poland, even in winter, you turn on the heating and have a bobble cap.
Bobble cap ;D I never wear those - but I'm a bit more worried about what wrex said about wind buffering the top of the head...

Soon will turn out that I would need to settle for Aventador because Huracan won't fit me.

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts

You would need the New Sport seats which sit about 2" lower that the comfort seats.

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
They are exclusive to the EVO as far as I know and I think the only Huracan you can order now is and EVO in either AWD or RWD models.

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
Couple more posts and I will settle for the new EVO instead 😅
A lot of the HP's have the Race Seats which sit lower as well, but not that comfortable and I have sat in them. They sure do look good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts