Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignorant question. Can someone explain to me exactly what Generic Misfire (on 7/12 1st strategy) means? There are 6 OBD codes for them. 7/12 1-3rd and 1/6 1-3rd. I know what a misfire is (duh) but sorry don't understand "7/12 1st strategy, 2nd strategy, etc" Anyone have a lay explanation? Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Strategys

Differnt Years Have Differnt Order But Hear You Go
Strategy One O2 Sensore Frequency, Strategy 2 O2 Sensore
Amplutude, Strategy 3 Exhuast Presure Sensore

·
Registered
335 Posts
More on startegy

I too, was always wondering what the "strategy" terms referred to. Can anybody else out there elaborate further. In particular what would be useful to many of us is; if its say strategy 1 the lightly cause is... it its 2 then the lightly cause is… etc.

Any experts out there want to take a shot at this. I am sure many would appreciate the info

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Makes complete sense. Sorry - but now what does that mean?

I agree "strategy 1 the lightly cause is... it its 2 then the lightly cause is… etc." would be a tremendous help. I had a stratagedy 1 code when I checked the OBD. I failed NJ inspection for it. Took it to Wil de Groot and he did a great job with my car and got it through NJ inspection. Cleaned the injectors and various other tidy little things. I'm sure it's just generally happier now :) Just picked it up today and no stored codes in the 40 mile drive home. Used to get one in only a mile or two. The guys at Wil's said that even without the rear cats it was putting out only 300 parts per mill of CO. which they thought was great and it is. Being a former electro/mechanical engineer I have this need to know everything persona even if I don't do the work myself. Oh yeah it's a 01 6.0. Silver - tan/black :D

In case I forgot to mention it De Groot's the best!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
US/UK - DIABLO said:
300 parts per mill of CO.
Is this a standard measure? I just did a smog test and I thought I would compare the numbers but I can't. I thought the "standard" measures were (even in NJ):

Hydrocarbons (HC) - PPM
Carbon Monoxide (CO) - %
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - %
Oxygen (02) - %
Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) - PPM.

What am I missing here?

-mick

PS with only the front cats and burtoni exhaust I get a measure of 3 PPM HC (local max is 130). The CO percentage is very close but just squeaks under the 1% max limit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts