Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I own a 2007 Gallardo Spyder, the car changes from 1-6 but not down from 6-1. So I have had this.problem for 2 years now. Had it with Lambo mechanic he changed.
E gear
Gearbox
E gear ecu
New clutch.
( nothing helped)
Now the car is with Lamborghini them selfs
They did the.following
New complete wiring harnes
New coding on ABS pump, E gear ECU coding, clutch calibration on new clutch, new gearbox speed sensor, new wheel sensor.
Guess what " still does exactly the same"
Now they say the right rear wheel bearing is faulty and is.not giving the correct reading to the speed sensor. I am busy building a.brand new car at this trend. Does any one have any.type.of answer for me please. Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
The downshift selector is known to fail after a while.
I had a similar problem a few years ago and replaced it and worked perfectly ever since.
Part: Lamborghini SELESPEED LIGHTCONTROL - Lamborghini Part# 401953513

Sometimes you can find just the switch levers on ebay for new or gently used rather than buying the whole control unit.
I had a similar problem before. Can you try pulling the left paddle with very little force, slowly, hard, and fast as well? I found that if I pulled it a different way it would work. Also, it seems like it was getting stuck just slightly pulled and not going back fully to resting position. Try giving it a good push after you use it.

This is all moot if you’re saying it also won’t work in auto mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
As part of normal service, you are supposed to clean the contacts on the shift paddles, very common issue when this is nor done. replacing the contact may help you if its fouled or damaged.
Sorry to note but sounds like there was too much thrown at the car and nothing helped. Hate the guess games and costs with teck's. I learned thru the years to work on cars caused of these same faulty diagnosis problems!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys thanks I think Lamborghini has checked the paddle shift, but I'm going to phone them now just to confirm. I will let you know if it has been tested by them.

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
I can repair this for you if you send in the paddle portion. Won't be expensive. Call/text me at 717-319-2100 - we have a way to replace the actual switch inside and I'm happy to say it works! Lambo cannot do this repair as they will want to replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As part of normal service, you are supposed to clean the contacts on the shift paddles, very common issue when this is nor done. replacing the contact may help you if its fouled or damaged.
Sorry to note but sounds like there was too much thrown at the car and nothing helped. Hate the guess games and costs with teck's. I learned thru the years to work on cars caused of these same faulty diagnosis problems!!
Any chance you have a guide on how to clean them? Kind of in the same boat.

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JHB South Africa
Lamborgjini JHB came back to me today. They linked my car with Lamborghini Italy. According to Italy my right rear wheel bearing has some kind of pickup on it that determines the wheel speed, and my gearbox has two speed sensors on the right and left side. The right rear one I replaced. The suggested i replace the left rear one as well. Now waiting for it to come from Italy. I did tell the mechanic at lamborghini JHB to clean and check the paddles. So yes still waiting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts