Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked to see what was running through tomorrow and in St Louis a 04 gated yellow, clean car fax car is going though auction.

I will be watching to see what it brings. Car looks fairly clean. Will be interested to see what it brings.

I will update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Didnt sell. They would not drop below 80 to start bidding and no bids....
Thanks for sharing. What auction was it listed under? I tried to google it, but couldn’t find the auction site. A screenshot would be helpful too. I might be interested, but not at their website price.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not a surprise, there are record number of exotics for sale with all that's going on, The last manheim auction in West Palm Beach there were zero bids on any exotics and there were record numbers of them present, Manheim polled all online bidding and skipped all of them-no bidders at any price. This gated G 6 months ago would have gone for $110+ at auction prices. If it goes at $80 at auction it will retail at $92-95 if the condition is clean that a good price considering the miles. I sold my G in Jan before the market took a dump and got top dollar for it, the current owner tried to flip it in May and highest offer was $15K under what he paid for it, but I sold at it a nominal value and shows how the market is moving. Today there are 149 Gs listed on car gurus in general there are usually 40-60 listed so the current inventory is almost 3x -great if your a buyer and not if your forced to sell

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing. What auction was it listed under? I tried to google it, but couldn’t find the auction site. A screenshot would be helpful too. I might be interested, but not at their website price.
You have to be a car dealer to get in the auctions. I have access through a friend who owns a dealership.

It is not something you can just go join. Manheim is the largest auction house in USA and cant remember the number of locations. They have a few that are typically 'high-line' like Penn etc, but there are cars going in and out all the time.

@FL_Beachman if you are in the right place at right time, there are some good deals. Saw an 2010 Blaboni LP550 34k miles go for 80 a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I agree 100% i have direct access to Manheim here in FL and yes you must have a verified dealer license to even log in and see inventory, there are some really good deals and surprised to see no bidders.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went through auction again today. NO SALE. It has run about 4 times now I believe without meeting reserve. (not sure what they want out of it).
Seller listed as : AUFFENBERG FORD INC

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
Covid. And someone will pick it up soon, but they expect a deal right now. These type of cars are the last thing on the list to buy with the current climate, but that makes this a buyers market for people like us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The miles are kinda high for that car, no?
Maybe there is a point where people lose interest, regardless of service records, ownership, etc.?

Anything with much more than 30k miles and several owners is bound to raise skepticism.

·
Registered
76 Posts
^ how many miles is too much?
& what mods?
It had I think 33-34k. Previously owned by a few forum members on here. I should have bought it looking back on it. All very tasteful mods.. RSC lp front bumper conversion. Wheels. Upgraded headunit and back up cam. Radar I think and B Rougue full titanium exhaust. Stunning car. The post is still listed in the classified section.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mileage is a personal choice. I know a guy that bought a 2012 I believe with 65k miles on it and it runs great last I heard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is one ending today on BAT.

Ends in 6 hours.

...An oil change and transmission fluid flush were carried out in 2019....

These transmissions require fluid flushes? Never heard of that with most manuals.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts