Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol, funny topic line but I’m putting a group chat together for gated G owners on facebook. Shoot me a pm and I’ll add you if you’d like to be included.
“Aj Mehta”

thanks fellas.

·
Registered
630 Posts
+1 04 gated G

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My G is not gated, but is there a good group just for Gallardo/Lamborghini owners? My 2nd gen NSX group was great on Facebook and I miss it.
Lamborghini Gallardo
And lambo gallardo owners verified are the two big FB groups.
Def get on there. Lotta good people.

Reactions: jefferey13

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, I added everyone who sent me a pm with a name. This group is for US owners who are looking to sell. It’s only impacted by US listings, hence the reason.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So for those not on FB, cliffs notes. We have a group of about 20 owners who are looking to sell their gated pre-lp cars. Some have opt'd to take down their listings and sorta wait til spring, some of us have inflated our prices right now. See how the market goes over winter, but come spring, everyone who lists, will list high.
This is very similar to what Ed Bolian did on the Murci market. He, in fact, is on my chat as well and has given a solid point of reference in selling his 2006, gated spyder, salvage with 14k miles, for $105K.
Any further updates, i will post here.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chicago MotorCars just posted a 2006 Gated with 40k miles for $117k. It’s starting to happen...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not a good deal.
Depends on your perspective and whether you are a buyer or seller. The only naysayers here and elsewhere are those not in possession of a Gated G. Then its a pretty constant drum beat of "its not worth it, car won't continue to appreciate, EGEAR is great too, the Huracan is only going to depress G prices in the coming years, there are better cars for the money, etc". To be frank, the opinions of those individuals matter very little given there are Gated Gallardos changing hands at ever increasing prices and as an owner, I can attest to the above. I've owned lots of more modern cars, faster cars, etc and yet my Gated Gallardo is truly something special.

From owners of a Gated G, you rarely hear anything but "I love this car...way better than anything else I've owned. Dont really plan to sell".

To correct AJ above, while the group is growing, not all members are keen on selling. I for one, am not. I just wanted to track the market, hear feedback from those who are selling, and eventually I will make a move to a gated V12 provided pricing doesn't hit the stratosphere. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Depends on your perspective and whether you are a buyer or seller. The only naysayers here and elsewhere are those not in possession of a Gated G. Then its a pretty constant drum beat of "its not worth it, car won't continue to appreciate, EGEAR is great too, the Huracan is only going to depress G prices in the coming years, there are better cars for the money, etc". To be frank, the opinions of those individuals matter very little given there are Gated Gallardos changing hands at ever increasing prices and as an owner, I can attest to the above. I've owned lots of more modern cars, faster cars, etc and yet my Gated Gallardo is truly something special.

From owners of a Gated G, you rarely hear anything but "I love this car...way better than anything else I've owned. Dont really plan to sell".

To correct AJ above, while the group is growing, not all members are keen on selling. I for one, am not. I just wanted to track the market, hear feedback from those who are selling, and eventually I will make a move to a gated V12 provided pricing doesn't hit the stratosphere. :)
Many gated car listed for ridiculous prices, Look to the ones that have actually sold to gauge TMV.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Many gated car listed for ridiculous prices, Look to the ones that have actually sold to gauge TMV.
What source are you using for sale price? Please don't post the silver BAT car again thats been discussed ad nauseam as not a bellwether for Gated values.

The other cars I have seen "sell" were all listed in the mid to high $90s and while they were removed, who knows what they actually sold for and if those dealers were firm (as more and more dealers are) or they were negotiated to a slight discount.

I know you are still in the market, and have been for some time. Not to say thats a clear indication of values increasing, but clearly the value you are seeking or claim to be a reality on a quality car doesn't exist or you'd have purchased by now....

1 - 20 of 94 Posts