Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an article that attempts to sound the death knell for gasoline and ICE. I hope this is nothing more fear mongering but it does appear that we are on that road especially with the democrats controlling the 3 branches of government in the US. Though, the trend is not simply confined to this country but represents a worldwide trend.
This transformation appears to be unstoppable but hopefully ICE will still be part of the car world landscape down the road. It seems that the gas and coal industry will be down under for the foreseeable future and say hello to electric vehicles, wind turbines and to non-fossil fuel energy producing alternatives.
Give me ICE or give me death :giggle: ........well not that extreme but to call this trend disturbing is an understatement.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,893 Posts
Well, it is not a surprise to me. Let's enjoy what we have while we can.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely.......⏳⌛. Enough said!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why @topcarbon are we cross? @topcarbon what an ugly comment to make, does this mean we are not friends anymore? You know @topcarbon if I thought your weren’t my friend I just don’t think I could bear it. :giggle:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have no idea what the **** you are talking about
I was making a comment about oil and how Texas would not permit the abolishment of oil production.
This has nothing to do with you
Your inflated ego needs to take a time out

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:giggle: ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very well said!
Owning an EV is not easy if you live in an apartment or if you have to park on the street, but as the ranges increase and the charging times improve, I guess that's no longer an issue.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have problems with EVs on many levels to include the manufacturing of these "massive" lithium batteries* can produce more CO2 than a well made, efficient, ICE vehicle. The reason for that is, some of the plants manufacturing EVs are the traditional fossil fuel burning type of plants. As a result, these "traditional" plants can wind up producing over 70% more environmental CO2 than producing an efficient ICE vehicle.
Though, the amount of pollution generated by the manufacturing of the EVs may improve over time presently it's not a clear environmental winner.

*some as much as 1100 pounds

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have problems with EVs on many levels to include the manufacturing of these "massive" lithium batteries* can produce more CO2 than a well made, efficient, ICE vehicle. The reason for that is, some of the plants manufacturing EVs are the traditional fossil fuel burning type of plants. As a result, these "traditional" plants can wind up producing over 70% more environmental CO2 than producing an efficient ICE vehicle.
Though, the amount of pollution generated by the manufacturing of the EVs may improve over time presently it's not a clear environmental winner.

*some as much as 1100 pounds
lets also add to the long term mess
where do batteries go to rot........which planet do we pick to dispose them?
EV technology is wonderful on the front end, no emissions, clean, etc
its the back end that this short sided band-aid has me troubled.
The first hybrid EV cars are now coming up on the disposable/fix balance. Like most products today the justification of replacing battery packs in a cheap car makes no sense. Just toss it and buy another. This is what the planet will face. as the masses buy into EV and as ICE gets phased out, really cheap EV powered cars will be sold to the masses who won't care about replacing batteries because that will be too expensive compared to buying a new EV.
Not in my lifetime, but my kids will have to deal with stock piles of garbage full of cheaply made EV cars not worth the material they were made out of. All that toxin leaking into the environment.
So we have to pick,SOIL or AIR.
we got problems either way

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey ladies and germs,
I feel the political posturing across the WORLD is doing more harm than good.

the world is running 50 year old nuclear power plants. Modern nuclear technology is so much more cleaner, powerful, safer. Yet, the world fawns over Greta, a spoon fed puppet that condemns anything nuclear.

with humanity on the cusp of escaping earths terminal velocity for ever. I.e colonizing space, nuclear waste can literally be sent into the Sun with no harm to ANYONE, ANYTHING.

but as long as there’s a path to your WALLET and controlling you, we will continue to do the wrong thing

oh well, let’s all go to the welfare department and apply for the ‘Solar Panel Making’ job.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey ladies and germs,
I feel the political posturing across the WORLD is doing more harm than good.

the world is running 50 year old nuclear power plants. Modern nuclear technology is so much more cleaner, powerful, safer. Yet, the world fawns over Greta, a spoon fed puppet that condemns anything nuclear.

with humanity on the cusp of escaping earths terminal velocity for ever. I.e colonizing space, nuclear waste can literally be sent into the Sun with no harm to ANYONE, ANYTHING.

but as long as there’s a path to your WALLET and controlling you, we will continue to do the wrong thing

oh well, let’s all go to the welfare department and apply for the ‘Solar Panel Making’ job.
Many salient points, no argument. Though to me, the politicians are a big part of the problem. To a politician if it sounds plausible then they don't ever concern themselves with the more important question is it practical or doable. Currently, it's politically correct to demonize fossil fuel and elevate alternative energy sources like solar and wind. I often refer to the wind turbines* as the best bird executioners in town and boy do they look hideous on the landscape.

*a highly inconsistent energy source

·
Registered
305 Posts
Many salient points, no argument. Though to me, the politicians are a big part of the problem. To a politician if it sounds plausible then they don't ever concern themselves with the more important question is it practical or doable. Currently, it's politically correct to demonize fossil fuel and elevate alternative energy sources like solar and wind. I often refer to the wind turbines* as the best bird executioners in town and boy do they look hideous on the landscape.

*a highly inconsistent energy source
the good thing about going to the moon or mars is, those planetary bodies are already wastelands. The world should place massive solar/nuclear power plants on the moon/Mars and transfer that power down to the earth, even if it means air dropping the batteries onto earth.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,893 Posts
lets also add to the long term mess
where do batteries go to rot........which planet do we pick to dispose them?
EV technology is wonderful on the front end, no emissions, clean, etc
its the back end that this short sided band-aid has me troubled.
The first hybrid EV cars are now coming up on the disposable/fix balance. Like most products today the justification of replacing battery packs in a cheap car makes no sense. Just toss it and buy another. This is what the planet will face. as the masses buy into EV and as ICE gets phased out, really cheap EV powered cars will be sold to the masses who won't care about replacing batteries because that will be too expensive compared to buying a new EV.
Not in my lifetime, but my kids will have to deal with stock piles of garbage full of cheaply made EV cars not worth the material they were made out of. All that toxin leaking into the environment.
So we have to pick,SOIL or AIR.
we got problems either way
That has always been my biggest question, what do they do with the junk batteries when these suckers start dying? Shuttle them to the moon?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That has always been my biggest question, what do they do with the junk batteries when these suckers start dying? Shuttle them to the moon?
Maybe they can repurpose some of those tired batteries either that or they may bury them and let them destroy the environment in new and creative ways of their own. Nothing like clean energy.:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts