Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have often wondered what the SV would be like if I tweaked it up to 650 (or also possible to go to 850 bhp according to www.lambocars.com) with a turbo. Anyone on here tried this out ??? You guys seem to have played about with your cars quite a bit more than we do in UK :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
They would fit a diablo. My word of advice...Leave the car as is. You'll have less trouble. Obviously it is totally up to you but it is just one more thing to maintain.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its just a thought, to quote from the lambocars site..

"This custom Diablo was based on a pre-1999 SV, so the engine had 510 Bhp at the start, but after completion of these modifications about 680 Bhp was available at the rear wheels without even stressing the engine. It is possible to get an even greater power output, but then the engine would lose it's everyday usability, you would end up with a highly tuned race engine with absolutely no practicality in normal driving conditions."

so it seems well within the capabilities of the car with low boost to get 700ish BHP (mine is the 530 model) although I dont think there has been a mod that has specifically been tried on the 530 bhp model.

Will prolly leave well alone as the car has only let me down three times since I had it :) first time was out of petrol (the gauge didnt work correctly) second I broke the CV joint, 3rd was accel cable clip came off (nursed it home by jamming the trottle lever on the engine to about 4000 rpm (out of gear) and still could do about 60-70 mph in 5th with no accelerator control in the car ! that was fun :))))))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts