Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a unique garage issue. The builder of my home decided it would be smart to make the depth of the garage X (barely fits my model S end to end), and thus the washing machine and dryer shorten one of the garage spaces to X-n. The distance left between the garage door and the washing machine front is JUST enough for my preLP Gallardo to fit, but leaves room for nothing else (except anxiety of it being hit by someone doing laundry.

I've considered putting the car on 4 wheel rollers so i can maneuver it better and closer to things I wouldn't attempt to use the engine power to do (such as nearer to the sides of the garage and back towards the door more. That is one option to give some space.

Another option is to build another garage, thats about a year or so out...

Final option was to install a storage lift, put the lambo on it and park the tesla under it. great! The height of the garage is almost perfect for this scenario. Problem is the garage door opener, as well as the metal ties/frames that suspend it at the proper height for the track are in the way. Does anyone have any elegant solutions that arent "just remove the opener and make it a manual garage door.

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Placing the car onto rollers, seems burdensome, but lowest cost.
I think the answer is your year off - build another garage - comment.

Post 5 shows the elegant solution to gain ceiling height to install a car lift.

My first thoughts, look to the washer/ dryer area. Re-locate them or increase the "nook" they are placed in. Or also look to the actual machines themselves and buy different sizes or stocked.

A nice garage one may say could even trump the real estate saying "location, locations, location".

Lastly, and maybe the best overall option, sell the Lamborghinis and replace with Vespas LOL.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
255 Posts
Depending on your doors, you can get the rails to hug the ceiling. I was a bit disappointed that the rails couldn't be raised any higher. But fortunately the ceiling height is high enough that I have no issues clearing cars with lifts on the top locks.
Floor Wood Flooring Ceiling Tree
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I suspect a second one is coming. :) And what are those incredible lights?

·
Registered
2017 Huracan 580-2
17 Posts
I suspect a second one is coming. :) And what are those incredible lights?
Thank you! They are hex lights! I love them! Somehow I have to squeeze the huracan, my wife’s 4Runner and my jeep in there! I think it’s time to build a barn! Im still working on the project cabinets is my next order of business!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,481 Posts
Awesome looking garage! It makes me want to build a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
So Amazon Prime at $730. Prob ships from the US if it arrives by 12/3. I'm likely to regret posting this as only 10 left. lol
hex lights

Damn it, just ordered 2. This forum is expensive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts