Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with the 'revised clutch' fitted after failure with the first.

What i cant understand is the e gear cars dont seeme to suffer from the problem and yet e gear is the same box and mech only eletro/hyd operated.

Did the e gear have a better clutch fitted to start in anticipation of heavier wear associated with F1??? and, if so, is this the 'revised'item now being fitted

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have not in approx. 500 miles of driving since updated clutch installed, but I have not done any kind of "launching" at all, because I don't really trust this clutch. Even driving copnservatively there has been 2 or 3 times I have smelled clutch.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
355f said:
yet e gear is the same box and mech only eletro/hyd operated.
As far as I'm aware, the E-gear clutch is quite different from the manual, but I'm sure others know more on this...

·
Registered
188 Posts
mhh said:
As far as I'm aware, the E-gear clutch is quite different from the manual, but I'm sure others know more on this...
Mine has 12000 miles and Lambo tech says good for another 1-12000 miles. E-gear. I'll be putting in Tildon industries carbon clutch in a couple of months.
I'll probably get extras made to keep cost down. I'll advise more about this in a month.This clutch good for 1000 HP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't do any 5000rmp clutch drops in a Gallardo. Otherwise you'll be getting a new clutch put in the next day....trust me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
355f said:
Has anyone had problems with the 'revised clutch' fitted after failure with the first.

What i cant understand is the e gear cars dont seeme to suffer from the problem and yet e gear is the same box and mech only eletro/hyd operated.

Did the e gear have a better clutch fitted to start in anticipation of heavier wear associated with F1??? and, if so, is this the 'revised'item now being fitted
I had the same problem yesterday and will taking the G-car back to service to see what is the problem. On the other hand I will have the new E-gear software upgarde.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts