Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted much here, but have received plenty of tips over the years and i am really grateful.
I have a 2008 Gallardo Spyder which i bought new and had it since December 2008. I do a lot of work on my cars and typically can fix most issues, but this one is definitely got me confused.

After driving my car with no issues, i tried starting it the next day and it would not turn over. That has never happened since i had the car for 12 years. It ALWAYS starts. I checked the key transponder, fuel pumps and fuses and they were all fine.There was no blocking of air lines, so it's just fuel and spark. I didn't smell any fuel in the exhaust. I sprayed starter fluid in to the two throttle bodies and the car started and kept on running. The car ran fine for a few days and after being in a traffic jam for hours yesterday, the car stopped in NYC traffic.

I pushed the car to the side, and sprayed starter fluid in to both throttle bodys and the car has been starting and stopping without issue.

What could it be? Gas vapor lock?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hhmmm…. My understanding is a faulty MAF wouldn’t cause a non start. The MAF isn’t necessarily for starting. You should be able to unplug it and the car would still start. Shutting down during a drive sounds like a faulty fuel pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. The fact that it shut down while I was in bumper to bumper traffic adds another element to the mystery. What i don't understand is why would the car start immediately when i spray starting fluid in the throttle bodys? The car has successfully started 8 times after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts