Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to say it but these G cars are going to be almost as fast as the Murcie's with this new gearing and the extra 20hp - it is getting a little embarasing to be a Murcie owner!

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah - but right now - i think that Lambo is alienating the Murcie guys buy allowing this car that is over 100k cheaper to catch up to it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, but the Murcie sounds way more bad ass and has the true Lambo verticle doors. You can get more attention and tail in the Murcie. That's what you're paying for. The G is impressive bang for the buck, but it's just not the "real deal" in my book.

"When the doors go up, the panties go down" -Me

·
Registered
809 Posts
They are just making Ferrari cry a little extra untill they come and totally wipe them out with the new murci and hopefully a super-DUPER car with that rumored 1000hp v12

·
Registered
68 Posts
It will be interesting to drive the new Gallardos. Comparing MY2005 Gallardo vs. Murci is no comparison, Murci feels like it is twice the car. $100k extra is a steal. But with the 2006 MY could be a different story.

I hear the 650hp is coming in MY 2007. Does anyone know what month in 2006 these will actually hit? Will the coupe and roadsters hit at the same time? If they hit dealers by sept/oct, then I think lambo is in good shape. But if they show up in 2007, then I think lambo is moving too slow on the murci upgrades.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Here are the FACTS>>>>>>>..

NO HP change for MY 06 Murcie......minor cosmetic, brake upgrade avialable ect.....should hit US soil 1st quarter of 06.......

MY07...major body, style changes, wheels, brakes, (now available ceramic)........some new colors....ect and MOST of all 650Hp 6.5LT.......

The current murcie frame had twsit and torque problems with the new HP, that is why the delay till 07MY...

The roadster will have only one change for MY06, it will offer a one piece hard top carbon fiber roof, with the rear still fabric as now with a glass window, it will be a take if leave it home or take it with you top...no storing of the hard-top approx $8800.00 option.......(non-painted).........the roadster will maintain the 6.2 LT motor as it CAN not withstand the twis of the 6.5 LT........

·
Registered
68 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
the roadster will maintain the 6.2 LT motor as it CAN not withstand the twis of the 6.5 LT........
Roy

Can you confirm the MY07 roadster will or will not be a 6.5? I find it hard to believe they will not upgrade the murci roadster to the 6.5? Not much advantage to it then vis-a-vis the new G spyder

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have no idea what they are going to do with the Roadster in 07. You have to realize this isnt being considered an upgraded murci but an entirely new car altogether. And it is RADICALLY different and amazing. IF the produce the roadster it would have to be as is now...they havent got the time to re-design the car for roadster capabilities... I imagine there would be a LP650 (the name of the new car) roadster a year or two down the road from then. If at all.

But be not mistaken the LP650 is amazing. Probably the ballsiest, most beautiful lambo to date. Its stunning.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
My info, which I find quite reliable, syas that the current frame for both the roadster and the coupe can not take the twist of the new 6.5..that is why the redesign for 07 coupe.....the roadster, which is their LOWEST money making model does NOT warrant a total re-design to take the 6.5........

IMO I can not agree with you that a Murcie Roadster and a G-Car spyder will be of the "same" value.......they do not even come close to style and production numbers are considerbly less, approx 1 to 14 ratio!

·
Registered
163 Posts
basistrdr said:
Roy

Can you confirm the MY07 roadster will or will not be a 6.5? I find it hard to believe they will not upgrade the murci roadster to the 6.5? Not much advantage to it then vis-a-vis the new G spyder
It will probably be a trickle-down type evolution, like with most other brands with models that have different variations. I have had more than one person ask me why we have the new A4 wagon and sedan in stock, but not the cabriolet. The convertible/roadster versions often come last, so it's not strange that very little information has been heard on it yet.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I dont know why people are expecting so much. from 1990 - 1999, the diablo remained the same (besides upgraded mechanics).
I know its exciting, but expect them to take their time. after all its a LAMBORGHINI. Masterpieces take time. :) :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts