Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

My Gallardo has really proven itself as a quality driver. I came from Porsche Turbos and had really prepared myself for the worst in terms of maintainence and reliablilty. Although, I am looking for more umph in my ride - Will a newer Murci, perhaps and 02' -03', have the same reliablilty as the Gallardo?

I currently drive the E-gear and would consider a Murci in either, but leaning toward going back to a 6spd. How easy is it to break the Car loose as a 6spd? I can break the E-gear Gallardo free but it is hard, generally I never do these things from a stand still, always around corners....

Alexander

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
You need to buy my RED 03 Murcie, 6 speed, WHAT A STEAL!!!!! I just cant keep all of them. $ 207,000.00 TODAY ONLY
Call me for more, 1-206-396-5059 :wave:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Most likely they will be the same as far as maintance is concerned.

The difference is the Murci is in a totally different league and it a pain to use as a daily driver and parking can be a headache, the attention you'll get in the M car is 25X more and that gets old. The G-car usally goes unoticed.

Only get a M-car if its not going to be a daily driver, I have both so I know what I'm talking about. My G-car is my daily driver and only gets a little more attention than a SL55.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What do you mean most likely the same...Are they or not, you have both? Makes me wary of your credibility...I live in Southern California and Lamborghini's get noticed, most people have no clue what kind of Lamborghini it is - do you have idea how many 100k plus SL mercedes there are in Beverly Hills alone?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm not here to argue, I have many more cars than those mentioned above and been driving them for many years. I'm not a Porsche guy who just upgraded(I was 10 years ago) I just like to keep it private. You asked a question I gave you and honest answere thet you didnt like, so be it.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Daily/"not just fun" driver keep the G.

Weekend car/"mainly for fun" either G or M. Although for this use I guess most would want the most outrageous car = M.

Your right. Most people wouldn't know the difference. In London (England) I got similar amounts of attention driving either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clarifying my own use....

To help get a more accurate answer let me describe my use....I use the car 2-3 times per month but normally each outing is 200-500 miles, mostly up to LA and down the next day. Parking is often not a worry, its usually in front of a hotel.

Can I get this use from a Murc or will I require a AAA membership?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I can honestly say LV Eric has always been forthright & Helpful in all his posts. I knew he was an owner from his posts, however he never indicated he wanted to be upgraded in title so I respected his lack of interest in such.

We should respect anyones desire to be here helping, yet be private at the same time.This should be well understood because of certian recent happenings that were even beyond the ability of our best security measures to prevent.

The Mods here and even many of the members help out with keeping our Community a Safe and Fun way to share with each other. We take Privacy Issues and Anti-Spamming issues very seriously so that we can all have all of the Fun of sharing without much of the grief.

We have a GREAT Community here and I sincerly hope this little faux pau can be put behind us.

Thank You, LTADMIN

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
TINYBULL said:
To help get a more accurate answer let me describe my use....I use the car 2-3 times per month but normally each outing is 200-500 miles, mostly up to LA and down the next day. Parking is often not a worry, its usually in front of a hotel.

GET A MURCI and Never Look Back!!!

They are SWEET SCREAMIN MACINES!!!

With a Murci, you don't use the Roads, YOU OWN THEM!!!! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
TINYBULL said:

Yes you can and will have ALOT more fun, you wont need to call AAA. If your car should have a problem and in most likely wont call Symbolic or Platinum to have it towed otherwise your front bumper will have a worse day than you. I have seen more than one front bumper get hammered comming in on a tow truck because they didnt know how to load a Lambo.

The 6-speed is way more fun to drive, The E-gear is cool for a daily driver because of traffic on if you need a phone. But for a car that your useing like you said I would 100% reccomend a 6 speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6 speed problems

I must warn you about the problem I've experienced with my Gallardo 6 speed... after only 4300 KM (about 3500 miles) my new '04 Gallardo needs to be torn apart to see if the clutch needs replacement! The dealer is saying it's not a warranty item and I've read others have had the same problem.
Lamborghini needs to improve their parts if they want to charge this kind of premium. :mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
How do you prolong the clutch? How are you to drive this car? I always down shift to help with braking. I have never burned out a clutch in all my years of driving but heard horry stories about the Lambo clutches. Just some advise would be greatly appreciated.

In regards to LV Eric's comment about what gets more looks. I can agree the M car would get more looks parked next to the G car however I live in Las Vegas and when you drive ANY Lambo you will get much attention. That includes the Countach. It is a rare site to see these cars on the road as most people drive normal cars, so believe you me, they get attention (too much some times). I chose the G car as many of you recommeded this early on a thread that I posted. I was asking what was more reliable. I took everyones advise and hope it is the right decision. I was seriously considering the M car but from most responses it was much more maintanance and for the fact that there is no dealerships in town. This is a great forum and happy to be a member. Just remember one thing its great to own a LAMBORGHINI regarless of the model. Be nice we are all family.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My G-car is silver so compaired to other cars it dosent get as much attention, thats why I chose silver. You are correct, I was compairing it to other cars that are a little more flashy. I had a yellow GT-2 that was noticed alot more than the G-car. color plays a huge factor. I didnt make that clear, I get tired of attention.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got a silver Gallardo for the same reason, to not bring too much attention to myself. I'm still wondering if a silver Murci makes sense -- i'm just worried about it not being a daily driver -- and I do drive every single day.

Paul

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gallardo-dds said:
I must warn you about the problem I've experienced with my Gallardo 6 speed... after only 4300 KM (about 3500 miles) my new '04 Gallardo needs to be torn apart to see if the clutch needs replacement! The dealer is saying it's not a warranty item and I've read others have had the same problem.
Lamborghini needs to improve their parts if they want to charge this kind of premium. :mad:
I have had a red 6 speed gallardo for about a year, it already has 15 000 km and I havn't had any problems at all with the car, everything still works like it did the first day I drove it.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
When I sold my Yellow E-Gear it had 11k on it, Hard miles also from Dallas to Florida, to New Orleans, to Las Vegas and back to Seattle......I had not one problem other than a bad windshield, which they replaced...... :wave:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Roytoy,

Thats what I want to hear!!!! Drive the $h_t out of these as thats what they are for. I plan to do the same. I have 2 MV Agusta (Exotic Italian Motorcycles) and everyone else that owns these just stare at them. I have over 20,000 miles on these bikes and never a problem. BTW: 20,000 miles is considered very high miles for a motorcycle. Anyway, what I am saying is that these fine machines are designed to be driven as long a you keep up the maintanance. Letting a car sit for a long period of time is not good. Just drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
100 Right

Cars like Lamborghini's are to be driven. :) buy that other lesser make of italian car to pose with and just look at. Because once you drive it . it will only brake down :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts