Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: New Page is now live at: https://motorpixel.co/ see later posts for more info...
------

Well...

Here it is: Go read my webpage here:
Gallardo Data – Motor Pixel

Please be sure to read all the info.
The short version is
  • Data is incomplete of course
  • About 12% of collected VINs so far are gated manuals in the USA
  • There are currently less than 500 known manuals in the USA... and likely less than 675 total USA as a guesstimate.

A lot more specific data and explanation is on the page. I make no claim to 100% accuracy but the collected manuals are or should be quite accurate. I will try to respond to any follow up Q's.. or love... or hate... in comments below but may take some time to respond.

A big thank you to others who had started this undertaking long ago and Patrick R in Europe who is continuing to help. We will be cleaning up some of our "trim" data for things like how many Superleggera we have collected in a while. So right now it is more general data, Manual USA data, and some Color data. Data will continue to grow as my software collects more VINs from online (actually found four new ones today that are included in all the data above).

-Michael

· Registered
97 Posts
Thank you for all of your work on this! This is very interesting and confirms a lot of the information that has been discussed. I really enjoyed reading your write up on the rarity of our gated Gs and your about page that shows your history of these cars and many others.

Cheers!

· Registered
847 Posts
@mcomet - thank you for putting this together! Curious about your opinion of value for a ‘12 LP550-2 16k white gated gallardo? Thanks!
I'm assuming you are asking about this one:

Three LP manuals sold last year, all well over $200K. Two Ferrari F430 manual coupes sold for around $220K, one with paint work and the other with minor accident repair. A virtually new 2009 sold this year for $362K. There are far more manual F430s than LP Gallardos. Is an LP coupe more desirable than a Ferrari F430? Only the buyer can decide. But as evidenced by the asking price of the Gallardo noted above, manuals are only increasing in value.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah market is who knows. Def $250k+ I think. The asking above is quite a bit higher. For the USA gated LP at 59 cars I have not broken it down by color nor have I looked at how many at -2 etc tho I could.

· Registered
847 Posts
Yeah market is who knows. Def $250k+ I think. The asking above is quite a bit higher. For the USA gated LP at 59 cars I have not broken it down by color nor have I looked at how many at -2 etc tho I could.
All that info is in this chart I published back in 2015 in this thread:

Tomaso is correct that the ad has the wrong information.
There are 4 white LP550-2 coupes or 7 if you count the 3 Balbonis. I certainly wouldn't lump them together. Balbonis are pretty special cars.
I'm sure the seller was counting the Anniversary cars which are LP560-2 configuration

· Registered
2 Posts
All that info is in this chart I published back in 2015 in this thread:

Tomaso is correct that the ad has the wrong information.
There are 4 white LP550-2 coupes or 7 if you count the 3 Balbonis. I certainly wouldn't lump them together. Balbonis are pretty special cars.
I'm sure the seller was counting the Anniversary cars which are LP560-2 configuration
Thanks. Found 10 manual F430s on Autotrader low 200s to mid 300s. One asking 499. Would it be reasonable to pay $275 for this gated LP550 or is that too much?

· Registered
847 Posts
Thanks. Found 10 manual F430s on Autotrader low 200s to mid 300s. One asking 499. Would it be reasonable to pay $275 for this gated LP550 or is that too much?
Before you consider ANY offer on this car you definitely should have a PPI done by an independent mechanic. There are all sorts of things that the dealer may not be anxious to disclose. If the car turns out to be perfect then you can start the discussion on price. If not, you have some negotiation parameters. I believe that is the only factory LP manual for sale right now Only you can decide what you think the car is worth. If you intend to keep the car for at least 4-5 years it's very likely it will be worth more than what you paid. No guarantees, but the market for manuals is definitely moving as evidenced by the Ferrari prices.

· Registered
30 Posts
Bonjour @Comète , ton site et top 👍
Je pense qu'à leur actuel ! Presque toutes les boites mécaniques y sont référencées,
A ma prochaine visite dans ma concession Lamborghini …
Je poserais la question sur le nombre exacte produite …..
ceux qui et étonnant c'est que beaucoup sont au 🇺🇸
Et très peu en Europe…..
cela m’arrange 😀😀😀😀

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow.... I am replying to this thread and it is not quite a full year... but we have come far. Myself and Patrick in Europe have been hard at work collecting more and more VINs by hand and my web searcher. And going through and trying to remove invalid entries etc.... We have over 5000 vins now ....

I decided to push forward and turn my website into a full on VIN entry site with photo upload, reports etc... and I just made it live. I won't be surprised if there are some bugs but have a go here:

https://motorpixel.co/

More info:

As some of you know myself and an online friend in Europe have been collecting VINs for Gallardos. The goal being to try to find all 14,022 of them. We started with a list that was provided by earlier users on Lambo-Talk and went from there. I ended up writing a web crawler/search and we've been amassing more data with a little help from others along the way. We still have a ways to go, and have been hard at work keeping data clean and organized but have moved to the next level.

With a lot of work being done by us I opted to roll all this information into a public website that is more easily accessible. While it is open to all VINs and manufacturers, our main data set for now is Gallardo (Tho I am adding other Lamborghinis and marques as well). We have over 5000 Gallardo vins collected and we think over 70% of USA. My website is FREE (you just have to sign up). It has a page for the Gallardo report which replaces my old report some of you may have seen. We are hoping users like yourself will also aid and add VINs and photo details of your cars too. Why do this... well...

The new FREE report page has a lot more per-year specific data as it was easier to now program to do so. For example colors by year and by transmission. It also has open search functionality. For example you can easily do complex searches like "2006 Gallardo Manual Orange" and all gated manual 06 cars that have orange as a generic color name will show up. (Generic colors are automatically generated by the software). You could also do things like "LP550-2 Manual" or "Blu Cepheus Gallardo" or "Superleggera" etc..etc... I'll add more reports of other vehicle types once the data pool for those becomes larger...

The report page is more accurate - because if a car is wrapped and someone put in a description of "White but with an Orange wrap" then of course Orange would still show up for Search vs the Report which checks specific fields. That said both are a huge step up from where we were. Cars can also be "followed" and you'll get email if anyone else updates the spec or adds details. Speaking off, photos now exist for many of the cars as well as the ability to add more detailed data, dates and photos yourself.

Please sign up, it's quick and easy and FREE. And that will then give you access to UNLIMITED search and the report. I've been adding other non Gallardo cars of course too...and will probably start to automate some of that additional vehicle type soon as well. But for now it's very Gallardo centric. Any Q's or snags let me know. Thanks!

Here's the link:
https://motorpixel.co/
and a few example photos just for an idea...

Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Product

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

Font Technology Screenshot Space Electric blue

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A heads up... I have decided to unlock "Search" for people who are not logged in/made account... HOWEVER then it is limited to 25 search results. Still that will let one look for their own car etc... and do smaller searches. I have also been working to update my webcrawler stuff so that new cars and lots of photos are being added etc...

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes if you look at the report page you will see there are a lot of 04 and some 05 manuals... it drops off from 2006 onwards for what we have found so far. But the 04 and 05 are more than the 06-14 combined.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts