Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I cannot understand, why does Lambo not polish the sign on the valve cover like I did on the piece I bought on ebay for $20 :D

Within 10 Minutes it's done, then add some clear coat against corrosion and your engine bay looks alot nicer...

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chris said:
When my G delivered, this valve cover is already fitted.
??? what does that mean, your's will already be done or you cannot do it because it's fitted?
You can sand the black shrinking paint off also when the cover is in place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
raymond said:
??? what does that mean, your's will already be done or you cannot do it because it's fitted?
You can sand the black shrinking paint off also when the cover is in place.
I mean it's already been done. ;)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you order it, is it now possible or does your dealer do it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
raymond said:
Did you order it, is it now possible or does your dealer do it?
It comes as standard. I guess different countries, dealers will make some options as standrad. May be it's about marketing strategy.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose they (the factory) read my comments on different boards with the same attached picture...

I know the factory stuff is reading all over the internet...
Why not, it's a good way to get the clients opinions without being personally known ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Clear coat?

My valve covers are painted all black, including over the Lamborghini lettering. Shouldn't be too difficult to sand back the letters to bare aluminium as you suggest, Raymond.

These covers get pretty hot. What "clear coat" could you recommend that could be applied over the bare metal that would stand up to the temperature?

Reason I ask, is that I would also like to carefully "hand" clear coat the raw aluminium Lamborghini lettering and surface that is beautifully machined on the tops of the plenum chambers. This is a much bigger area. My experience on other cars is that this type of aluminium machining looks fantastic for the first few years but slowly they oxidise and corrode, especially when they get wet when the engine is hot, and then they don't look so "flash".

I have been wondering for sometime what clear coat I could apply to these surfaces, that would stand up to the heat and wouldn't yellow etc. Need to do it while the car is still new and before the surfaces start to oxidise.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is this thread about the Diablo 91 restoring where the whole intake was polished, he mentioned a heat resistant clear coat.
The surface does get to hot, 150 degrees celsius at a max. otherwise the hoses would cause problems.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
raymond said:
What I cannot understand, why does Lambo not polish the sign on the valve cover like I did on the piece I bought on ebay for $20 :D

Within 10 Minutes it's done, then add some clear coat against corrosion and your engine bay looks alot nicer...

You got that at eBay for $20? Very nice. Nice conversation piece for the garage.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Your best bet for a durable clear coat is to have it powder coated with clear. This way it is baked on and extremely strong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts