Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a question,

I'm seriously considering buying a used superleggera but I absolutely will not settle for a E-gear. I've looked everywhere but can't find a six speed superleggera, so my question is would it be feasible/possible to remove the E-gear transmission and replace it with a 6 speed tran? And if so what would be the best way to go about doing it?

Any imput would be greatly appreciated

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Hey guys I have a question,

I'm seriously considering buying a used superleggera but I absolutely will not settle for a E-gear. I've looked everywhere but can't find a six speed superleggera, so my question is would it be feasible/possible to remove the E-gear transmission and replace it with a 6 speed tran? And if so what would be the best way to go about doing it?

Any imput would be greatly appreciated
It is definitely doable...I've done similar swaps on more basic platforms, but the main thing that makes it an obstacle is essentially needing a donor car. The actual gearset and gearbox itself is the same...just with linkages to a normal shifter and a 3rd pedal or with a hydraulic system, an actuator and associated pieces, etc. It would be a pretty tedious swap, but it's not something that many members of this forum couldn't handle. I think the only reason you haven't seen anyone here do it is the combination of the number of parts needed and most would sell their car and buy a 6 speed before bothering.

I would really give the e-gear a shot (prior to purchasing) and make sure it's really as much of a deal breaker as you think. I know in the past 3 years, I've seen a big shift in demand for the 04-08 MY's of people before wanting a 6-speed manual to a large majority now preferring the e-gear. Anyways, now that I think about it, I don't recall basically every SL I can think of being e-gear. Your best bet to find out for sure if they do in fact make a 6-speed manual and then locate one would be to contact Roy Cats with Cats Exotics. You can reach his place at 866-Lamborghini. He's definitely one of the most knowledgeable folks in the exotic industry, especially regarding the various options, number of each produced, etc.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,637 Posts
Seems like economic waste to even consider such an endeavor.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to put SL parts on a manual car?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have seen 6 speed SL...u just have to wait for one to be for sale...very few and far between...had to be special ordered when new...for what you would spend for the conversion you may be able to find a current owner and offer them that much above current market value...good luck with your find!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
There are 6 speed 08 SL's out there. Maybe 10-12 of them, so it's going to be a hard find.

The reason you don't see many is that for the SL, even if you opted for a 6 speed, you were charged the $10,000 E-gear option fee anyway. So for most people if they wanted a 6 speed would have just ordered a 2008 coupe in 6 speed.

As far as the swap...Can be done...Probably not worth it. You'll need so many parts Clutch quadrant, master cylinder, electronics, etc, etc...Parts you just don't see everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts