Lamborghini Talk banner

If you wanted a sub-woofer in your Gallardo, is this the box for you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, I love it. Can we get a group buy?

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, but only in Carbon Fiber

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes, but only if painted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I want to paint it myself

• Uhhh I dunno,

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, this thing is awful, try again

• No, I want something smaller

• No, I want mine made special just for me.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have built many different fiberglass enclosures for the Gallardo, but this one was my favorite and there is talk in the shop about going into production with its design. So I am posting a few pics of the Lamborghini Gallardo Fiberglass Sub Box in hopes you guys/gals can give an honest opinion. What do you think? If you were wanting to do a sub-woofer of course. If your not into that then we already know what you think. Give us some feed back. Also we were wondering in this example, should we produce a Carbon Fiber Model as well. And most importantly so that we have a reference point how much did you pay for your enclosure you have now, what would you pay for this one? and do you have any pics/ pricing on something you already have?

The Box is fitted around the OEM Gallardo Seats and made so that there is a 0 loss of driver/passenger space even with the seat laid all the way back. So the fear of loosing space and compromising ride experience is no longer there. You would have full function of your seating arrangements along with the sound of a single 10" sub-woofer

When we go into production and set our price points arrangements will be made for discounts to all members of this forum. But right now some market testing needs to be done. thank you all in advance for your honest opinion be it good or constructive criticism.

ALSO JUST ADDED A POLL, I SEE LOTS OF VIEWS, BUT NEED MORE INPUT! If nothing else just check a box if you dont want to discuss it.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I love it. I am actually looking for ways to improve the sound in my SL. I have an amp and aftermarket door speakers. It's just simply not enough. I was thinking a bazooka tube but this is a much better option. What are you thinking price wise? How soon will you start selling them?

It would look insane if it was built in carbon fiber!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, This one was sold, "painted" the OEM Gallardo black with the pearl @ $620, without the sub in it, but if we move it to production we are aiming for $399, "prepped for paint", without the sub in it. Thank you for your input, and I'm glad you like it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hurry up and start making it! I want to pull the trigger on something soon. Any chance of getting it in carbon?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hurry up and start making it! I want to pull the trigger on something soon. Any chance of getting it in carbon?
Oh yeah, carbon is definatly an option. I believe the estimated pricing on the box made in Fiberglass but finished in Carbon is $650. (based on being in production), a one off if you dont feel like waiting would set you back about $700 in Carbon. Kinda high to me but the process is much more involed.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> Fiberglass Sub Box

What shielding -- for the critical electronic components
located under that rear shelve -- do you plan to offer?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
> Fiberglass Sub Box

What shielding -- for the critical electronic components
located under that rear shelve -- do you plan to offer?
There isn't anything compromising the bcm underneath. Is there something you think threatening about it. The entire enclosure weighs around 20 lbs and the cover panel on the deck is plenty durable to support the weight. Its not much different then a loaded duffle bag.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> There isn't anything compromising the bcm underneath.
> Is there something you think threatening about it. The
> entire enclosure weighs around 20 lbs and the cover
> panel on the deck is plenty durable to support the weight.
> Its not much different then a loaded duffle bag.

I said "shielding", not "structural support".

The problem isn't weight.

It's the EMI from the giant speaker(s), and its potential effect on the
electronic gear that controls the expensive parts of the car, let alone
the CAN bus wiring that runs everywhere.

·
Registered
260 Posts
FWIW I would like it to be more subtle.
Cover box in matching carpet.
Indiscreet grille over the speaker.

If Carbon Fib make sure pattern matches a SuperL pattern.

Location and fit (especially seat movement comment) are great. Curved design is OK too.

Maybe some cargo nets for the lf & rt front of the box to retain some storage area?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
> There isn't anything compromising the bcm underneath.
> Is there something you think threatening about it. The
> entire enclosure weighs around 20 lbs and the cover
> panel on the deck is plenty durable to support the weight.
> Its not much different then a loaded duffle bag.

I said "shielding", not "structural support".

The problem isn't weight.

It's the EMI from the giant speaker(s), and its potential effect on the
electronic gear that controls the expensive parts of the car, let alone
the CAN bus wiring that runs everywhere.

I didnt mean to come off rude if I did. I just assumed you meant structurally before EMI problems. The fact of the matter is No, shielding will be provided, however no EMI issues have ever come up before either. The Canbus units only monitor resistance on the canbus wiring in DC, so I dont think we are going to have any issues their either. We have done many custom enclosures for the Gallardo in this same area above the paneling and have not ran into any issues but that is something for us to look into to be sure. I will be sure to let you know what findings we have for that, thank you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Location and fit (especially seat movement comment) are great. Curved design is OK too.

Maybe some cargo nets for the lf & rt front of the box to retain some storage area?
I love the idea of a matching carpet, If we went that route that would actually lower the cost too. So 2 birds one stone. I too agree that a nice black grill would give a stealthier look as well.

Now as for the storage we have a panel available for above the "amp rack" under the front hood. So that you can still store equipment in there even though there is an amp. Here are a few pics of the panel.

The current panel is painted with the logo, for storage can be flipped over. The underside has a suede finish so no concerns about scratching it. but when not storing anything the panel has a beautiful finish to accent the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Nice, I think the OEM carpeting would be good in two ways, #1 since its not such a smooth finish the enclosure would cost less to make. and #2 Like you said it would be a cleaner look, less " Loud" visually. I also Love the Idea of a grill, but That would be something for the local shop/installer, unless we just sell BOX, SUB, Grill as a package.

Im up in the air about the cargo, but we do have an amp cover to retain storage under the front hood, after your local guy does the amp installation. Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about.

The top side is finished with a nice shine, but when you flip it over it has a suede finish so that when you store something in there you guys wont have to worry about scratching it all up. this piece is separate though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I forgot to attach the images of the optional amp rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Fantastic looking piece. If I was an audiophile, I'd be in. But I'd tear out my entire stereo and put a SL carbon fiber plate in its place if I could find the plate (weight savings).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fantastic looking piece. If I was an audiophile, I'd be in. But I'd tear out my entire stereo and put a SL carbon fiber plate in its place if I could find the plate (weight savings).

I can just make you one, ill look into it tomm. Just so I know is that something most people are into? Cause we could make that all day. When we do full systems we already have to make the dash kits, this would be the same just without the hole.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just want to thank you guys for taking the poll. This input is going to be very useful and benifit most of you guys.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This design has 1.5ft3 air space. Before sub displacement. In this photo we have a powerbass s10t, which is only 3.5" deep. 4.5 is the Max depth however its not reccomended to allow for voice coil cooling. We can do a slightly bigger version but you will start to lose seating area. This one is 100% size before loss of space.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,991 Posts
My stock system sounds great, nothing to improve on as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad your happy with the OEM system. Some clients definitely prefer a simpler system. But the clients looking for sub-woofer enclosures are either having to pay a fortune for a custom one off or cant find anything to get the job done without losing space. That's what this enclosure is for.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts