Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Gallardo, Its been stored for some time and the Battery died. I jump started it and it is stuck in neutral. Only RN is displayed in cluster. I can hear E-gear pump running the car only has 3000 miles any help. it will do nothing with paddles or reverse button. I also have no e-gear warning light.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Pull on the paddles both at the same time while it's running till E gear light comes on and let it go this does a soft reset.

If that doesn't do it, you may need to do a re-learn with the Lambo computer (dealer or shop only). I've seen this happen once if battery FULLY dies it loses calibration.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have a 2011 Gallardo, Its been stored for some time and the Battery died. I jump started it and it is stuck in neutral. Only RN is displayed in cluster. I can hear E-gear pump running the car only has 3000 miles any help. it will do nothing with paddles or reverse button. I also have no e-gear warning light.
These things are crazy sensitive to weak batteries. The first thing I would do is get the battery on a floating charger that will bring it back to 100%. Throwing a set of boosters on a stone dead battery does almost nothing to bring it back to a full charge. To get that battery back to 100% could take 8 hours or more on a proper charger. After you do that try it again. Also. Letting a battery go stone dead can damage it. You want to make sure you store in on a battery tender of some sort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have replaced the battery with a new one and am still unable to get it to go into reset. Holding both paddles does nothing.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have replaced the battery with a new one and am still unable to get it to go into reset. Holding both paddles does nothing.
Not sure then. Have you checked the egear fluid to make sure its topped up? Cant imagine its that but you never know. You said its priming. Does it prime for a few seconds and shut off or does it just keep priming? I have no other suggestions. Sorry man. Let us know what it was once you get it sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fluid is full. yes the pump makes noise runs a few seconds and shuts off. should the fluid be moving in the reservoir?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Try pulling up the emergency brake and releasing it a couple of times.

The e-brake is tied into the transmission. If you are in gear with the e-brake on releasing the e-brake will put the car in Neutral.

It is worth a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked with Dealer about concern they had me put on an accumlator and retry. Nothing changed any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Unfortunately it sounds like you are going to have to get it to a dealer. No idea what else it could be.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
You need to go to a shop that has the Lamborghini LARA system. They need to check the pressure in the E-gear system. If there is not enough pressure in the system, the default is Neutral(to protect the gears). So going into neutral might be caused by not having enough pressure.

The low pressure can be caused by a leaking actuator. You might have to replace your actuator.

·
Registered
372 Posts
As well as all the good advice so far... Perhaps worth checking the brake pedal switch - mainly the adjustment, to ensure switch is activated when foot is on the brake during attempts to engage 1st gear.

eGear ECU also relies on communication with engine ECU, so *if* there are any engine fault codes (these can be checked with a generic fault code reader), definitely try dealing with those before the eGear goes for a LARA diagnosis.

Hopefully it will be something simple - let us know :)

-Alex

1 - 13 of 13 Posts