·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
131 Posts
I would feel like it was a brand new car and put miles on it for sure - my SE has 20,000 miles which is very low for Australia but I only drive it once a week. Great to see a 15 year old Timewarp Gallardo

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting… but how many seals and gaskets will need to be immediately replaced having dried and cracked after basically never been driven for 15 years?
If would think if needed Dallas Lamborghini would have already fixed the isuue and would also if one came up near term after purchase.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Boy that amounts to 514/15 or 34.2 miles/year. Any car remaining idle for 15 years is bound to have gremlins!

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boy that amounts to 514/15 or 34.2 miles/year. Any car remaining idle for 15 years is bound to have gremlins!
Unless it was stored properly and engine run up to operating temperature at least once a month, along with the minimum miles could possibly be enough to give the other moving parts enough exercise.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Unless it was stored properly and engine run up to operating temperature at least once a month, along with the minimum miles could possibly be enough to give the other moving parts enough exercise.
To extend my original analysis: 34.2/52 weeks or .65 miles/week or .094 miles/day.............it may be fine but then again?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
To extend my original analysis: 34.2/52 weeks or .65 miles/week or .094 miles/day.............it may be fine but then again?
That’s a lot of analysis at 4:0 in the morning
I need to have coffee first before considering this calculation.
Definitely a car that will depreciate if driven the way it should be. Next buyer will have to decide which (witch) direction to go

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
That’s a lot of analysis at 4:0 in the morning
I need to have coffee first before considering this calculation.
Were you able to verify my calculations? Seriously, who knows mechanically it could, in the end, be in excellent shape. Though, I would like a few more miles on a 15 year old car.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Were you able to verify my calculations? Seriously, who knows mechanically it could, in the end, be in excellent shape. Though, I would like a few more miles on a 15 year old car.
Generally speaking those few miles may not be a good driving car initially. Seals tend to dry out, leaks tend to happen. I’m not saying it is in this car, but a driven car with
Maintenance, for me, is always the way to go

·
Registered
161 Posts
Crazy low miles. It seems like the SE was purchased as a investment but then selling as a loss. What a shame as the owner never got to enjoy it. Might as well keep it and maybe another 10 years it will be worth more.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
What a shame as the owner never got to enjoy it.
That was exactly my initial reaction. You can always make more money you can't make more time. People need to come to grips with the harsh reality that tomorrow is guaranteed to no man, lots of land mines out there. Carpe Diem!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts