Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Melbourne Motor Show today. On the stand was a Gallardo S. The car sits a little lower than the standard car and looks nice (apart from the stickers!) on the titanium wheels. I sat in the car and couldn't see any difference apart from the grippy steering wheel which is nice to hold. I didn't look in the engine bay. I spoke to race driver Paul Stokell who was manning the stand. Both he and Stuart Appleby are driving 6 speed cars in the Targa Tasmania next month after roll cage and race seats are fitted.

Other cars on the stand were yellow Murci Roadster, black Murci Coupe and a standard pearl orange Gallardo. All the cars looked very nice, but the Ferrari stand looked better lit and presented.

Here's the Gallardo S

·
Registered
173 Posts
what's the deal with the CF spoiler? is that a permanent mount and standard or just part of the Targa car? hard to tell from the pics. and that one has the Tubi package already?

the 666 sticker looks out of place on there, belongs on the Diablo. can't wait to see how it goes in Tassie, if it eats the tarmac up anything like it does in adelaide hills it should be a force to contend with.

can't wait to do another lap of tassie, but in something that likes the endless curves they have there, last time i was in an MB pop-top camper, the most exhilirating part of that is trying not to tip it over. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
How about the bhp?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I notice that the car is a solid yellow (Giallo Halys). In person, which one looks better, this or the pearl yellow (Giallo Midas)? Anyone? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
That looks like the Hamann wing....
Mine gets here in 2 more weeks

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The spec sheet is hard to read, but it says that Australia is getting 10 cars (5 egear, 5 manual) and the only colour choice is solid yellow, solid orange, and solid black. I'm thinking it is a limited run upgrade rather than a regular model in the line up. I didn't like the rear spoiler and it is hard to picture the car fully without the stickers, but the upgrades are mostly worthwhile. I would like to get that steering wheel, and the darker alloys look great. Looking at the S next to the standard car, the S certainly looks tougher, mostly due to the low suspension and those neat wheels.

One problem with the lower suspension would be worsened clearance at the front - always a problem - and I don't know if the sports shocks would have the lift function.

As an owner of a G, I doubt I would upgrade to the S. I'm more likely to wait until the 2006 cars are shown at Frankfurt (including the G Spyder) and see what that brings.

Here are a couple of other shots from the stand.

·
Registered
173 Posts
mhh said:
...Looking at the S next to the standard car, the S certainly looks tougher, mostly due to the low suspension and those neat wheels....
it'd be hard to consider a car for a lot of street driving with even LESS clearance without the active suspension lift thing, surely? you'd have to plan a trip to the shops a couple months in advance, driving the route first in something else to make sure there's no ants or anything crossing the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Gallardo S is a standard 2005 model with the 'track setup' option that is
only availavle on 2005+ models. Factory fitted 'track/sport' suspension, power steering cooler, heat deflectors, hi-flow air cleaners, buck skin steering
wheel and of course ( in addition to standard wheels/tyres ) the titanium
coloured wheels with the stickier Pirelli Rosso Corsa R tyres. The stainless steel sports exhaust system and rear wing ( yes, Hamann ) is fitted in Australia. HP gains? Unsure. An educated guess from fellow forum members
may help..... my thoughts? Around 20hp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts