Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been looking at gallardo prices (06-08) since ~ march of last year and it seems that past 1-2 months prices have drastically dropped for those model years (over 10% or so). I see TONS of low mileage 06s for under 110k now, and some even below 100K...(that have been 125K+ just a few short months back). Is that due to winter or other factors such as the huracan entering the market?

Im on the fence of letting go of my 997tt for a spyder - but wonder if the fallen prices are here to stay or something that rockets back up by spring time?Id probably at the earliest be making a move by march/april...Anybody else follow the prices over the course of winter/summer? Any insight? I would hate to pay an extra 10K come spring time...

Here are some examples of what im talking about...

Lamborghini Gallardo Spider | eBay

Lamborghini Gallardo | eBay

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just sold my 2006 white spider for 116 K last week here in so-cal. Had 28,000 miles. That white one for $109k is a great deal. Jump on that if clutch and service is all up to date.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,427 Posts
I just sold my 2006 white spider for 116 K last week here in so-cal. Had 28,000 miles. That white one for $109k is a great deal. Jump on that if clutch and service is all up to date.
I agree, those prices are great and should sell fast.

·
Registered
259 Posts
These pricing/depreciation/should I buy threads are totally annoying.
Agree Ravill, If you want a G, go buy one, stop asking about pricing, depreciation, running costs, tax, insurance. There are enough threads on this stuff already, and everything varies as to where you are in the world.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The exotic car dealer who sold me my car even told me that he observes a $10k price difference when selling in winter vs. selling in spring/summer. I definitely appreciated being able to negotiate my purchase during a cold January.

Personally, I'd recommending purchasing soon while in winter, and applying the savings towards getting yourself into a '10 LP Spyder (unfortunately you won't find any 09 Spyders, or if you do, run don't walk as they were one of a handful of press cars that likely got flogged....) The LP is worth the extra $$. But that's a different subject ;)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Agree Ravill, If you want a G, go buy one, stop asking about pricing, depreciation, running costs, tax, insurance. There are enough threads on this stuff already, and everything varies as to where you are in the world.
Agree x 1000. Not only what Lamby said, but every car is different.
I've seen mint condition cars with 25K on them and totally flogged cars with 8K on them.
People with well cared for cars generally don't give them away at bargain prices winter or summer.

·
Administrator
5,177 Posts
How many Gallardo owners are going to trade for a Huracan? I'd bet allot. As soon as they are plentiful I think Gallardo's have a long way to fall. Frankly I'm surprised 04's are still hanging near 100K so I may not know what I'm talking about, but just looking at history, lots of Gallardo's and lots of Huracan's, somethings gotta give and it'll be the Gallardo. Unlike Ferrari, Audi will build all they can and then some.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,427 Posts
How many Gallardo owners are going to trade for a Huracan? I'd bet allot. As soon as they are plentiful I think Gallardo's have a long way to fall. Frankly I'm surprised 04's are still hanging near 100K so I may not know what I'm talking about, but just looking at history, lots of Gallardo's and lots of Huracan's, somethings gotta give and it'll be the Gallardo. Unlike Ferrari, Audi will build all they can and then some.
I wonder how many of the 14000+ Gallardos are still alive?

·
Administrator
5,177 Posts
Well wreckage would be one way to thin the heard. Given the restricted use I would think loss like that would be small. Does 1,000-1,500 sound right? Wait, that sounds like allot. I don't know. :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Low mileage 2013 G is 175K, Huracan is 275K plus fees. Quite a jump when you basically own a nearly new car.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
"Unlike Ferrari, Audi will build all they can and then some."

Ferrari builds three times the cars Lamborghini does per year.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't see the Huracan impacting Gallardo prices; as others have pointed out, they are selling to different markets, and the forthcoming variations will separate them even further.

The next R8, NSX, and baby Mac, however, will be attractive new alternatives to a used Gallardo...

·
Registered
376 Posts
+1

Cars aren't investments. If you're worried about losing money then you should consider a different hobby.

·
Administrator
5,177 Posts
"Unlike Ferrari, Audi will build all they can and then some."

Ferrari builds three times the cars Lamborghini does per year.
I did not know that, but what I meant was Ferrari will limit production regardless of demand whereas, Audi will build all that the market demands.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts