Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that prices now on used Gallardos are roughly the same, and maybe even a little higher, than they were 2-3 years ago. Is this accurate or is my memory not correct here?

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,218 Posts
Feds are printing money, everything is going up.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep, especially the 04-06 have gone past their valley and are now going up. I suspect that next year, we'll see 07-09 start creeping upwards even more. They've all sort of gone up, but the 04-06 seem to have the largest % movement.

On top of that, all used car prices are going up (from Toyota/Chevy, etc) by about 8-12% vs. this time last year. It's less of a % on Gallardos, but considering their cost, even a 5% change would be substantial in real dollars.

The fact alone that vs. 3 years ago, these cars are going UP in value is pretty crazy. Regular market used cars are going up (like Toy/Chev) because of limited new inventory issues, so people are being directed to used cars on the lot.

In the case of Gs, I don't think new inventory is affecting the pricing as much as they're reaching that 15 year mark which makes them more affordable and hence causes more people to be able to afford them, driving up their average cost.

It's crazy, I bought mine 4 years ago and based on average SELLING prices... I can sell it for almost what I paid for it, reasonably. Based on average ASKING prices, I can sell it at a profit. I've never owned a car that did that before. Makes me think I'll keep it a few more years, lol.

·
Vendor
2,519 Posts
Yep correct. Also, Gallardo coupes always tend to bring more than the spyder.

·
Registered
734 Posts
... but goodness, with the top down, that preLP scream behind you and if you're in SoCal (it's Dec 26th and 72F without a cloud in the sky and no humidity), it's just glorious! And really, almost no one tracks their cars... so the stiffness is a moot point.

It's not for everyone, but I like it that way, keeps the numbers low and not everyone lives in perfect weather all year round, so a spyder isn't applicable to most people. Even other states have nice weather but bad humidity so I'd probably not care to drive one in FL or NY, for example.

But if the stars align just right, Jeremy Clarkson said it best, "... who cares, I've got 93 million miles of head room... and listen to this!" 😁

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - The Lunacy Is Back | Car Review | Top Gear - YouTube

·
Vendor
2,519 Posts
A very similar spec to my last year pre-lp. Wow.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Proof they're going up, having 2k miles also doesn't hurt it. Though I'd rather still have something that was driven and that I can drive.

I think they copied and pasted the wrong description for it though as that description in the US belongs to the 2009 MY LP, not the 2008 preLP. But hey, I can always print out the ad and tell my friends this 2008 has a 5.2L and 552HP, LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts