Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For informal fun only, this thread is a scrape of the UK's largest car-sales portal, Autotrader, and a summary of all the Lambo Gallardos it has listed for sale.

This is the unweighted, retail, average asking price (AAP) of 58 Gallardos that were on sale in the UK on September 2, 2016:

* Total Average Price = £102,239 (US$135,922)

* Automatic = £107,574 (US$143,014)
* Manual = £79,442 (US$105,614)

* Convertible = £103,460 (US$137,545)
* Coupe = £101,098 (US$134,405)

What stands out most is how the UK manual Ferrari F430 (£127,703 / US$169,775) today has an average price almost 2 times higher than the manual Lambo Gallardo (£79,442 / US$105,614). You guys can speculate below on why this might be.

Separately, for benchmarking and reference, this is a link to another guy who scrapes UK Ferrari F430 prices in a similar manner:

F430 Market Watch - Page 22 - Supercar General - PistonHeads

Again, to confirm, this is for informal fun only. It is NOT intended in any way whatsoever for business, consulting advice, legal usage, or anything similar or related :tleft:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Compared to LP manual prices in the US, those UK manuals, LP or not, look VERY reasonable. Will there ever be a better time to buy one?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compared to LP manual prices in the US, those UK manuals, LP or not, look VERY reasonable. Will there ever be a better time to buy one?

What are the US prices, roughly?

There are almost no LP manuals on sale in the UK right now. Very rare. Nearly all the manuals are 2004 to 2007 models.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What I find more surprising than the comparison of manual G to manual Ferrari's, is the comparison between the manual and auto G. According to the above post, there is not even an asking premium for the lambo manual, which I find interesting and contrary to a lot of popular belief on this forum. The asking prices are actually significantly higher for the autos. Not sure if this translates in the US market also, or just UK.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What I find more surprising than the comparison of manual G to manual Ferrari's, is the comparison between the manual and auto G. According to the above post, there is not even an asking premium for the lambo manual, which I find interesting and contrary to a lot of popular belief on this forum. The asking prices are actually significantly higher for the autos. Not sure if this translates in the US market also, or just UK.

That's partly a function of the spread of the data. All the manuals are 2004 to 2008 models. Almost all the automatics are 2007 to 2014 models. The automatics on average are newer and thus pricier. There is not a single manual built after 2008 on sale in the UK today (on that portal).

Comparing like for like...

2004 manual = £67,245 (US$89,399)
2004 automatic = £64,995 (US$86,408)

2007 manual = £87,450
2007 automatic = £86,542

2008 manual = £98,332
2008 automatic = £96,045

In other words, there is a roughly +2% premium for a manual Gallardo in the UK right now. That pales against the roughly +30% premium for the manual F430.

The speculation in manual Ferraris and Porsches has -- so far -- passed the Lambos by. As above, manual Gs look underpriced at the moment.

·
Registered
661 Posts
What are the US prices, roughly?

There are almost no LP manuals on sale in the UK right now. Very rare. Nearly all the manuals are 2004 to 2007 models.
Not sure how many 2004-08 manuals are for sale in the US at the moment but my recollection is that prices were in the $110-140K range.

There is one LP manual advertised for sale at Dietz Motorcraft and one listed on the LamboPower forum. There are also rumors of two private owners considering selling their cars. All of these are supposedly in the $235-250K range. The last two known sales of US LP manuals were both just north of $200K. There are 59 total LP manuals in the US.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The UK Gallardo market continues to trend up.

Rumours (unconfirmed) of a Balboni being sold recently for around ~£250,000 (~US$325,000).

The retail average asking price (AAP) for the total UK Gallardo market has risen +5% this month, from £102k to £108k:

* Sep 02 2016 = £102,239 (US$135,922);
* Sep 29 2016 = £107,543 (US$140,094).

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Not sure how many 2004-08 manuals are for sale in the US at the moment but my recollection is that prices were in the $110-140K range.

There is one LP manual advertised for sale at Dietz Motorcraft and one listed on the LamboPower forum. There are also rumors of two private owners considering selling their cars. All of these are supposedly in the $235-250K range. The last two known sales of US LP manuals were both just north of $200K. There are 59 total LP manuals in the US.
The LP Manual's are lagging the Ferrari Manuals in appreciation but in time will follow.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The problem with averaging is that the sample you use will be different everytime to you take an extract of prices. i.e. more coupes vs spyders or gear vs egear.

There maybe some seasonal trends that can be picked up, but will need a longer time frame.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The problem with averaging is that the sample you use will be different everytime to you take an extract of prices. i.e. more coupes vs spyders or gear vs egear.

There maybe some seasonal trends that can be picked up, but will need a longer time frame.
Exactly, and also the yearly breakdown of the models. There's currently a lot of MY2004 cars there which are skewing the price downwards.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Having monitored this now for 18 months, there are usually only less than 5 or so MY04. Most common are the 07-09s. The biggest skew seems per year is from SL prices or odd things like a Cat-D (damaged repaired car). In the main the prices are pretty stable and the averages per month often contain many of the same cars as they don't sell quickly. Some cars have been for same over a year. I scrape the data but have to manually take a look at each advert to note the colour so I get a good feel of the data. Just my observations.

Lee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Having monitored this now for 18 months, there are usually only less than 5 or so MY04. Most common are the 07-09s. The biggest skew seems per year is from SL prices or odd things like a Cat-D (damaged repaired car). In the main the prices are pretty stable and the averages per month often contain many of the same cars as they don't sell quickly. Some cars have been for same over a year. I scrape the data but have to manually take a look at each advert to note the colour so I get a good feel of the data. Just my observations.

Lee
My only concern is that to those that dont understand basic math analysis or those that are uninitiated is that their expectation of prices will not be aligned to the actual prices. Worst case scenario is that this exercise could inadvertently push all our Gallardo car prices lower if people start to use this metric. Conversely they could also push the prices higher. ( I could provide some friends cars going for £200k if that helps ;) )

I get the work your doing and seasonally over a period of years it could re-inforce my opinion that summer time cars cost more and winter the price is lower.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Amazing. Why so high? What would a Manual Balboni be priced at?
Someone threw up a speculative one at 300k a few weeks ago, and then 2 more followed, and then rumours that one got sold in the 200s. That topend uplift seems to have shaken up the whole UK Gallardo market recently.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Lee
Looks like we have, separately, been doing the same thing and roughly the same methodology, lol.

I reckon 20-30% of the cars on "sale" publicly in the UK market are currently not actually on sale (AT, PH, etc.). Been ringing around a few dealers with adverts, and about 1 in 4 have either sold the car months ago and left the advert running for marketing / fishing purposes, or they don't have a car to sell and it is up there for competitive reasons / showing off to peers.

The UK G market getting much more active in the past ~3 months. The "mixed" ownership experiences and reviews on Huracans are making the Gallardo look a far more attractive proposition than a year ago. And the Fezza and Porker markets have topped out, tempting some owners to ditch and switch to Gallardos.

The floor for 2004 G models right now is pulling up to ~£70k (apart from one outlier who seems desperate to sell for financial reasons), good 2007 manuals have jumped to £85-100k, while the topend for Performantes is topping £150k and Balbonis twice that at £300k.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts