Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure if these are all of them, but should give you an idea. Note that save for engine power differences, the majority of differences is for weight savings. I know more about LPs since that what I was looking for but it's similar with Pre-LPs.

- Engine bumped 10-12 HP (LP) on Performante
- Modified front bumper for Performante
- Exterior decals on the Performante
- Full Alcantara interior, including dash and seats on Performante. No leather on seats, dash, door cards, ect.
- Door cards on SL are a very basic single mold carbon (in my opinion they look pretty ugly) to save weight. I'm not 100% sure about the Performante but think it is similar.
- engine bay removed plastic trim, minimal carbon fiber panels.
- special set of lighter rims
- fixed carbon fiber wing on Performante vs retractable on normal models

Again that probably isn't all but is a majority, and differences are similar between LP.

Personally, I opted against the SL due to the interior not being nearly as upscale. I semi-daily drive my car and want it to be comfortable and luxurious. If you are only going to be using it on weekends and at the track then the Performante might be an option, though at that point I'd recommend a SL hardtop as that is really the best for the track.

If you prefer the look of the SL/Performnate with the decals and carbon fiber wing you can hit up Jason Burtman on this forum to get the SL style rear wing and vinyl decals for the exterior of a normal car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks man— any internal or drivetrain differences? Is the exhaust the same?
According to wikipedia the intake and exhaust are updated on SL/Performante. However, in my opinion if you are really looking for lightweight exhaust a good aftermarket one is going to perform better and weigh even less.

The drive train itself is the same; same transmission, same engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Performante doesn't have electric folding door mirrors. The adjustment is electric, but the motors to fold the mirrors are gone. I believe the windscreen is 1mm thinner than the standard models too. Everything must be lighter!
Oh, and carbon ceramic brakes. You might find those on an earlier car, but they were standard on Performante

·
Registered
6 Posts
Performante doesn't have electric folding door mirrors. The adjustment is electric, but the motors to fold the mirrors are gone. I believe the windscreen is 1mm thinner than the standard models too. Everything must be lighter!
Oh, and carbon ceramic brakes. You might find those on an earlier car, but they were standard on Performante
CCB wasnt standard, mine has steel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
CCB wasnt standard, mine has steel.
Doh! Sorry about that. I was waiting for someone to say "They weren't standard" and I was going to say "Yeah, but they all have them". Guess I got the opposite response.

For the benefit of the OP, I looked at 15 cars when buying mine, and they all had CCB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts