Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Do you lose that much clutch with your Kevlar clutches as well? How do they do reversing or on a hill?
You won't lose as much with our Kevlar clutches. He lost about 50% with an oem clutch. He probably would have lost only 10-15% with ours. Our Kevlar clutches do better than oem clutches as far as reversing uphill but we still recommend that you avoid reverse uphill if possible.

·
Registered
679 Posts
This has happened with a manual. We had a customer who had a manual transmission and was going to Concorso Italiano in Monterey, CA. He had a fairly new clutch, may be 6 months old. He had it transported to Monterey and when they unloaded the car, it had no clutch. They burnt the clutch, loading it onto the truck.

FYI, not all Gallardo have Hill Hold Assist.
Thanks for the update. Burning out a manual clutch loading it on a truck? Good grief. I know it's possible but you really have to work at it to destroy a manual clutch that quickly

Wonder what the application spec is for Hill Hold Assist on Gallardos. Mine is a 2011 and I was surprised to experience it the first time I started on a steep hill here in Pittsburgh. It's definitely not listed as an option on my sticker. Anyone know if it was introduced on the LPs or if it's only on manual transmissions?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts