Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a very slight oil drop(s) hanging from the aluminum casting that is located about 3 inches to the LEFT of the starter motor's lower attachment bolt (when viewed from the back of the car). The drops will be just above the thick black ground wire ???
Jake :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this drip also. If anyone knows where the oil leak is coming from please chime in. The dealer doesn't know either :wave:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
It could be residual oil coming down from the valley (common if not careful and clean when changing oil filter due to location) or possibly around the oil pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey Elite

I'll check the valley and oil pump. The leak just started a few months ago with droplets on the ground. The prior oil change was done over a year ago so I don't know how the oil filter would leak now. 2 weeks ago I took my car in for the power steering recall at Symbolic Motors and they addressed the recall and said in order to find the leak, it needs an oil change and a clean up all around the area. Well 2 weeks have gone by and the leak is still there. Its exactly the same leak as the OP described :confused:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the same, dealer has checked twice and says no leaking they can see, blamed on residual oil from last change .. seems to go away for a couple week after it goes to the dealer and then returns... not a great amount and really nothing to be concerned about, just irritating... whatever it is, it seems to build up a little at a time and then start to run off the car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dont know for sure but do check in the "v" on top of engine..i recommend a flashlight even in the daytime..ive had this problem a few times and ended up having to get it fixed twice..i needed a oil pipe part #07L115359 $10 part, and some o ring seals..there is also a gasket that would be needed part# 07L103161D..not sure this is your problem by any means but it is common on these cars..if u do have oil in the "V" you can get it all out but you will still have some in some holes in there..i had to take some Q tips taped onto some long wooden dowels to get it all off(yes tedious and a pain) but it was the only way i found to get it out of a few of the bolt holes in there...that way you will know if your leak.is coming from up thete or that high up.if they have spilled any oil even if it was a yr ago it will still beup there..it doesnt evaporate even though it gets hot..this may not be your problem like i said but this fixed my leak.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Forgot to add..its easier to see in the "V" from the back of engine obviously.....but also from the side on the passenger side of car u can see another area that u cant see from back..this was the hardest area to get all of the oil out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked all over the top and not a spot of oil in the v nor an oily spot on the oil filter. I notified the dealer to give them an update as they told me to keep an eye on it after the oil change. Their conclusion is they believe that the oil is coming from behind that plate that seperates the engine block assy from the clutch bell housing. :mad:

To me this sounds like the rear main seal. However the 06 and up cars have the updated rms with the new spring. This is an 06 car.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My car had a clutch replaced at 9,000 miles. My service records show that they replaced the oil pump seal, water pump seal, and rear engine main seal all because of leaks.

I had looked at a different car in Chicago before I bought this one and the dealer said it needed a rear main seal replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts