Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

I have started gathering a new collection of VIN numbers for Gallardos. Thanks to a few forum members here we were off to a good start with over 2000 vins. I started digging deeper and writing some code (I am a programmer among other things) to try to search the internet and other sources for even more. I am currently up to over 4,700 VINs. The goal of this is to provide a high level view of statistics for the manufactured cars, such as #'s by Year, Color, Transmission etc...

This is where YOU come in. It is quite possible I already have the vin, but if you feel open to it you can manually submit a VIN by using a form on my web page here:
Gallardo VIN Entry – Motor Pixel
This literally just emails me a copy of the VIN and any color and trim info you enter, then I can update the master list. Its safe, doesn't grab emails or personal data etc. If you prefer you can DM me or reply to this thread. Or just ignore this entire thread.

Anyhow I plan to try to gather more in the future. I have tools to help me keep updating. My current pool is basically 1/3 or 33% of the believed 14,200 cars made. The more VINs I can gather the more accurate the information will be. I am planning to release "current" details with the data I have soon probably in June or July. There are some very interesting stats with the number of cars including by transmission. As an example I know there are a certain number of LP manual cars believed to be in existence, my data so far increases the # of these cars (tho not by much) with actual collected VINS. (EDIT: I realize my number is -worldwide- not USA so in fact the other data is likely correct) In addition I can extrapolate from 1/3 to a full 100% by simple multiply (not wholly accurate hence more vins are better).

Anyhow if you are open, please submit the VINs you know of. I need the full 17 digits not just the last 5 so that I can properly parse out information.

Picture below to grab attention... this is my current car purchase I am having converted from egear to gated... will share in another thread eventually...

Thanks!

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Great idea man and nice pic! If I'm guessing Pre Lp cars would be around 7,000 maybe? And easily 1,000 of those were wrecked, so could only be 6,000 Pre Lp left out of the total cars. Keep us informed!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,871 Posts
I sent you 2 of my previously owned Gallardos, 2008 & 2012.

Reactions: mcomet

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Great idea man and nice pic! If I'm guessing Pre Lp cars would be around 7,000 maybe? And easily 1,000 of those were wrecked, so could only be 6,000 Pre Lp left out of the total cars. Keep us informed!
Believe around 8,600 pre LP's.

·
Registered
213 Posts
8588 total worldwide production from 2003 - 2008.
5942 Coupes
2646 Spyders

I don't believe the above includes:
  • 250 SE
  • 185 Nera
  • 172 SL

VinWiki is also tracking VINs. It's believed there are around 300 gated cars, 80 of those spyders. Nothing definitive.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
How would you come up with that figure? Seems extraordinarily large....1 out of 7?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
VIN sent.

Awesome idea, and even more awesome that you converted from e-gear to gated manual. I did too and couldn't be happier! Conversion was flawless, mechanically and electrically.

Reactions: mcomet

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Grigio Thalasso, but I had wrapped/coated in Verde Singh...

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Greetings,

I have started gathering a new collection of VIN numbers for Gallardos. Thanks to a few forum members here we were off to a good start with over 2000 vins. I started digging deeper and writing some code (I am a programmer among other things) to try to search the internet and other sources for even more. I am currently up to over 4,700 VINs. The goal of this is to provide a high level view of statistics for the manufactured cars, such as #'s by Year, Color, Transmission etc...

This is where YOU come in. It is quite possible I already have the vin, but if you feel open to it you can manually submit a VIN by using a form on my web page here:
Gallardo VIN Entry – Motor Pixel
This literally just emails me a copy of the VIN and any color and trim info you enter, then I can update the master list. Its safe, doesn't grab emails or personal data etc. If you prefer you can DM me or reply to this thread. Or just ignore this entire thread.

Anyhow I plan to try to gather more in the future. I have tools to help me keep updating. My current pool is basically 1/3 or 33% of the believed 14,200 cars made. The more VINs I can gather the more accurate the information will be. I am planning to release "current" details with the data I have soon probably in June or July. There are some very interesting stats with the number of cars including by transmission. As an example I know there are a certain number of LP manual cars believed to be in existence, my data so far increases the # of these cars (tho not by much) with actual collected VINS. (EDIT: I realize my number is -worldwide- not USA so in fact the other data is likely correct) In addition I can extrapolate from 1/3 to a full 100% by simple multiply (not wholly accurate hence more vins are better).

Anyhow if you are open, please submit the VINs you know of. I need the full 17 digits not just the last 5 so that I can properly parse out information.

Picture below to grab attention... this is my current car purchase I am having converted from egear to gated... will share in another thread eventually...

Thanks!
mcomet is undertaking a monumental task by creating a global database of VINs for the entire production run of Gallardos. We have exchanged PMs over the last few days and I have certified that he has the complete list of 59 VINs for the US-spec LP manuals. Even with the help of Lamborghini NA and a few very diligent forum members, that data took 16 months to compile five years ago. Trying to verify the remaining 14,000+ VINs for all global markets will be a long and difficult endeavor. Since mcomet's compilation only confirms the existence of the car and has no connection to ownership or other information that may be considered confidential, I would encourage all forum members, especially those outside the US, to provide whatever VIN data they can. In the future, this will be a valuable resource for Gallardo owners and potential buyers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts