Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Gallardo that someone has previously epoxied the drivers side mirror mount (b.)to the post(a.). I’ve looked everywhere for just the mount ( The part that bolts to the door ) to no avail. Any suggestions or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do a search on the subject, lot's of info in the forum.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do a search on the subject, lot's of info in the forum.....

I’ve done plenty of research and not having an example that I can have 3D printed doesn’t help. I was inquiring as to whether anyone had any info not readily available through the “Search”. There’s lots of info on the forum, and I have read everything I could find. I thought perhaps someone might have more insight than to suggest I “Search”. I said I was looking for the mount. Not trying to be rude, but if all you can offer is search the forum when I’ve stated I’ve done so to no avail, what’s the point?

·
Registered
119 Posts
My understanding the shaft is a pot metal that doesn’t take to welding very well. Some have epoxied them, not sure if that will hold or for how long. Are you trying to 3D print the shaft or mirror or all?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks like you're missing part of the base, your best bet is to get a price of the mirror with Glen, looks like it comes w/out the motor/glass, also look for used ones on fleabay.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your picture is a Huracan mirror, not from a 2005 Gallardo. As you’ll find from most other posts about the broken mirrors on the Gallardo you cannot purchase any piece parts for the mirrors. You can either buy a new one complete from Lamborghini, source a used one, or attempt a repair for which there are a few good threads on how to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you're missing part of the base, your best bet is to get a price of the mirror with Glen, looks like it comes w/out the motor/glass, also look for used ones on fleabay.
I appreciate all the responses. I’ve been looking on eBay. I’d like to avoid paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars of dollars for a tiny part. But I’m sure we’ve all felt the “Lambo Tax” at one time or another.
Somewhere along the line where the mirror mounts to the post was broken. In an effort to save money, someone decided the best option was to epoxy the two together. This had the effect of rendering the folding option of the mirror inoperable. At the same time they performed that repair they epoxied the mirror head to the base but not well, allowing the head a tiny bit of play between itself and the post.
I’m going to try to remove the epoxy without damaging the post and then repair whatever damage I find. Again, I appreciate everyone’s suggestions. Thank you and I wish you all a happy holiday season.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You should try a heat gun like the kind they use to do vehicle wraps etc. I wonder if that would help loosen the epoxy etc. From a quick web search seems like it might.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts