Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I've recently purchased the Smarttop to allow top movement via keyfob.

Currently in the process of installing it.

Just as an aside, the question popped into my mind: Is the Gallardo top meant to be operable while driving at all from factory?

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
I was wondering this too awhile back as they claim it can be operated at 'slow' speeds. Another forum mentioned 'very slow' rolling. I resolved that it may be best to just not do it as it takes a full 20 seconds to complete. Maybe, in a situation where you were at a light, or pull over on a long shoulder at a crawl. If it wasn't for the fact that the lid becomes a 'sail' for a few seconds as it Opens FORWARD it may have been a different story. Already enough potential for misalignment occurring naturally, not to be induced by sailing in gusts of wind.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Id worry about the wind. My Carrera can do it up to 32 MPH but for the 911 Targa it has to be stationary due to the weight of the glass back. I look at my Spyder the same way-its not just a canvass top, you have the entire rear deck lid suspended when you open/close the top. I would'nt risk it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, guys, I have the same concern. The rear deck becoming a front facing scoop during top operations is a problem. That's why I haven't done it. Just wondering, that's all.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I installed this mod, it was cool at first but it appears the I can't get it into service mode without turning it off. It's still installed but I no longer use it. I was trying to open the doors once and the top came open, car was not running. I did not like that either. Just my .02

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RUNDLC, are you talking about the Smarttop module? I haven't had any issues with mine so far (only been a few days). Have you tried updating the firmware? Also you can "bypass" the module by setting Key 1 to 0 using the supplied software. I wired my USB cable to be accessible by simply taking off the dome light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts