Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to keep the discussion in one location, follow the link. Thanks for looking and happy father's day!

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No comparison and about half the cost with no upcharge for stages 1-3. I'd prefer to get these into the hands of owners and let their performance speak for itself instead of direct comparisons to competitors at their expense. But we will match anyone's warranty and promise better overall performance than the competitors with somewhat similar specifications. All of the major components are made directly by us in Austin with state-of-the-art CNC equipment, nothing is outsourced. Traditionally the business model has been to sell directly to the ultra-high performance shops putting out next level modified vehicles (TT setups and the like) and not to the general public. I'm here to change that and you as the end user, gain a new company who will support your platform on a broader level which is fantastic for the community as a whole.

Here's a few videos of the stuff we do:

·
Registered
182 Posts
For the PreLP do you recommend just buying a new OEM flywheel? About how much longer would a ceramic clutch last compared to OEM?

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exponentially longer than the OE disk, no comparison, in line with what others claim if not a bit longer. Chances are, the OE flywheel can just be resurfaced as long as you haven't burned it up beyond recognition. If someone can take a few high res photos of the front/back of a flywheel, we can look at the differences between it and the later LP model and likely make/add them to the clutch kit if there's demand.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Does a LP clutch fit in a pre lp ?
My clutch is low and I'm doing my research. Have many Egear Gallardo have you done? Can you refer me to them so I can get their take?

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a pre-LP clutch specifically for your car. I'm sure we've done more than a few but we primarily worked through the big shops not direct to the customer like we're doing now. A few YouTubers have used our clutch. Here's one link from B is for Build and they've abused the HELL out of that clutch for some time now:

Tavarish is using one of our clutches in his new TT build (hopefully that wasn't a spoiler!) as well.

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news, we're convinced the LP flywheel will work on the pre-LP cars, just got word. If it doesn't we'll refund the money for the flywheel. I'll amend the original post to reflect this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tavarish and B is for Build have manual transmission but I have an Egear. Lamborghini dealer told me if I go with an aftermarket clutch to make sure it works with Egear. Can you direct me to a shop that has installed your Egear clutch?

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tavarish and B is for Build have manual transmission but I have an Egear. Lamborghini dealer told me if I go with an aftermarket clutch to make sure it works with Egear. Can you direct me to a shop that has installed your Egear clutch?
The clutch works very well in the e-gear equipped cars. Do you trust the largest rebuilder and supplier of OE and bespoke parts for the Graziano gearboxes in the country to make a clutch that works with e-gear? The same company that consulted with Lamborghini on a sequential shift system for a track-only car? Realize they're the exact same clutch/part number depending on year. I literally wouldn't have time to track down where each clutch has gone and find out which one was installed in an e-gear car to be perfectly frank. But we guarantee it'll work with the e-gear cars as well.

We're down to four spots I believe...deposits received from four people already, once we get to five, we'll start production. Willing to cut it short if necessary and those people will get an amazing clutch at an amazing price. Do not miss out!

·
Vendor
1,782 Posts
Good news, we're convinced the LP flywheel will work on the pre-LP cars, just got word. If it doesn't we'll refund the money for the flywheel. I'll amend the original post to reflect this.
I wasn't going to post anything but we received a lot of emails about the flywheel. I noticed a lot of false statements. You mentioned that you're convinced that Pre-LP and LP flywheels are the same. They are not the same. LP and Pre-LP flywheels are totally different. I'm surprised with your claim because If you have done one Pre-LP and one LP, you would have know that they are different.

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasn't going to post anything but we received a lot of emails about the flywheel. I noticed a lot of false statements. You mentioned that you're convinced that Pre-LP and LP flywheels are the same. They are not the same. LP and Pre-LP flywheels are totally different. I'm surprised with your claim because If you have done one Pre-LP and one LP, you would have know that they are different.
You misread my statement. I said we'd never had a request for a lightweight flywheel for the pre-LP cars which is why we initially weren't offering a flywheel for the pre-LP's. After seeing one, we think we have something that'll work and if it doesn't, we'd refund the customer the cost of the flywheel and pay to have it shipped back.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Would there be any downside to having ultra-lightweight flywheel/disks? As in, aluminum? (with appropriate friction surfaces on the 'wheel, such as steel, tungsten, tungsten carbide, whatever your high-tech minds can come up with.)

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty sure the engineering team will figure it out and if not, then we won't offer a flywheel with the pre-LP package and the price will be reduced. Problem solved.

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would there be any downside to having ultra-lightweight flywheel/disks? As in, aluminum? (with appropriate friction surfaces on the 'wheel, such as steel, tungsten, tungsten carbide, whatever your high-tech minds can come up with.)
If you go too light it can cause a number of drivability and NVH issues.

·
Vendor
1,782 Posts
Would there be any downside to having ultra-lightweight flywheel/disks? As in, aluminum?
Depends who makes them and how the pressure plate is calibrated.
Depends on who makes them and how the pressure plate is calibrated.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Curious how NVH would increase other than at starting from a dead stop. I am willing to tolerate having to be a ballet dancer on the clutch pedal to get it started in order to cut a lot off of clutch's polar moment, but I can't tolerate an on-off switch for a clutch.

·
Vendor
1,782 Posts
We have hundreds of E-gear customers. DM me and I'll get you their contact information. Let me know where you live, may be we have a customer in your area that you can test drive our clutch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts