Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find good LED light bulbs to replace dim halogen license plate lights on my 06 Spyder. I have found different posts about replacements with mixed feedback. I was wondering if anyone has had luck with a particular bulb and if so, can you please give me the link, thank you

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
128 Posts
I’ve tried a few and not had any luck. Closest I got is the set I have in now. It flickers a little and the light still comes in the dash that the plate bulb is out. Would love to find something that 100% works!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Weird, I had no issues with the license plate light bulbs when I put in LEDs. I just took the OEM bulbs with me to the auto parts store and bought the same size/style in a white LED from Sylvania and they work fine. I did have a lot of corrosion on the metal contacts that hold the bulb, which I needed to clean off before installing the LEDs.

·
Registered
SL #7007
265 Posts
Weird, I had no issues with the license plate light bulbs when I put in LEDs. I just took the OEM bulbs with me to the auto parts store and bought the same size/style in a white LED from Sylvania and they work fine. I did have a lot of corrosion on the metal contacts that hold the bulb, which I needed to clean off before installing the LEDs.
I did that on my R8 and I would intermittently get a warning on the dash that the license plate lamp was out. I haven’t tried it on the SL but I want to replace the license plate lamps, the frunk light, and the vanity lights in the SL

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
63 Posts
superbrightleds.com

3610-CW27-CB: Cool White

no issue with the above installed, no flickering, no warnings on the dash

have not changed the rest of the lights yet, on the list

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
128 Posts