Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting quotes for insurance on my 2013 LP550-2. I have asked several but would like to shop around more. Who are yall using for your Gallardo insurance?

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Do a search, many threads on this...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I amd 42 and my wife is 33, bot with no tickets. I received a quote from Progressive for 7,500 for the year and 6,500 if paid in full. Hmmmm. Guess im going to do a little more looking.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Statefarm.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Call State Farm. I have other vehicles with Haggerty, progressive and Allstate and none of them would touch the Gallardo. And the price is quite reasonable.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
I amd 42 and my wife is 33, bot with no tickets. I received a quote from Progressive for 7,500 for the year and 6,500 if paid in full. Hmmmm. Guess im going to do a little more looking.

That’s insane. Where are u located.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Progressive is becoming the worst insurance company evar. Statefarm for the win. Switched everything over to them about 5 months ago.

·
Registered
340 Posts
State Farm screwed me over when one of their driver's hit me (in the beater). So, I took the Gallardo from them to Geico. I'm currently paying $750 every 6 months for the same coverage :wave:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Premiums will certainly vary based on a number of factors e.g. location, age, driving record, etc. I only deal with companies that will provide an agreed value policy. If the car is totaled you know what the settlement value is. Otherwise you will be at the mercy of the insurance company's adjusters who will likely set a settlement value that you will not be happy with.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Premiums will certainly vary based on a number of factors e.g. location, age, driving record, etc. I only deal with companies that will provide an agreed value policy. If the car is totaled you know what the settlement value is. Otherwise you will be at the mercy of the insurance company's adjusters who will likely set a settlement value that you will not be happy with.
^^^Same here. I honestly don’t know why everyone doesn’t go to Agreed Value.

And in many states, like mine, I don’t need emissions testing with collector car insurance. I’m with Grundy*.

* I was not compensated in any way for my statements...lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I looked at several places, state farm, allstate, hagerty, geico, maybe another one too. All wound up being around $2500/yr or would not cover at all. Some started out with low online quotes, such as $60/month, only to drift up to $200/month once I got to the insurance I wanted. For example, Hagerty, started at $1200/year driving 1500 miles a year and never to work. I drove 2000 miles in three months and like to drive to my reserved parking space at work. When I quoted commuting and 6000 miles a year, they doubled.

It depends on where you live, your driving record, age, value of car, etc., but $2500/year for full coverage and the ability to drive as many miles as you want, commute to work, run errands, etc. is about the norm.

Agreed value is great, but usually costs much more 50-100% more. The insurance companies are supposed to pay market value, and you can fight that fairly successfully unless you are looking to cash in over market value. Save agreed value for one of a kind cars.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Get agreed guaranteed value, no exceptions.

American Modern
Grundy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try NCM Insurance. I pay about $1200 per year, agreed value. Very easy to work with. I tried several before I found NCM, all others were ridiculous...I almost did not buy the car due to the quotes I was getting in the beginning!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Preliminary quote with NCM is $1940 with Agreed Value, 6k miles a year, no to work driving. We'll see what the final number will be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Preliminary quote with NCM is $1940 with Agreed Value, 6k miles a year, no to work driving. We'll see what the final number will be.
I have a reserved parking spot at my work and it is definitely worth an extra $500/year for everyone to get to see me drive a Lamborghini. Definitely elevates your status. Also, some policies state no commute and no errands. You do not want the insurance company to refuse payout if they found out you stopped at the grocery while out driving. It has happened.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts