Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my Pre-LP Gallardo headlight ballasts failed. I'd prefer to upgrade the headlights (and ballasts if required) to brighter units if possible. All the windows are tinted, including the windshield, so the brighter the better.
What's available out there? I have to replace one of the ballasts now anyway, so I thought this would be the ideal time for the upgrade.
Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys, I can appreciate your replies, but obviously I wasn't clear enough. I was not looking for opinions on window tint, I was specifically asking about headlight upgrades. As stated, one of the ballasts have failed, so I'll be replacing both of them. While doing so, I'm looking for an upgrade on the headlamps themselves. Are their brighter bulbs available? Disregard the fact that the windows are tinted if you need to. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one likes getting blinded by overly bright headlights
Roger- no where did I suggest that I was looking for blindingly bright illegal lights. The lighting technology has advanced tremendously beyond what this car originally came equipped with and I'm simply looking to upgrade it if possible. Thanks again.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Try to flip it any way you want, but the fact is you are dangerously hindering your vision with tint on your windshield and then trying to bandaid it with brighter headlights to dangerously blind others.

The very first suggestions people gave you were 100% spot on.

You could try some 55w ballasts, but thats not my recommendation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try to flip it any way you want, but the fact is you are dangerously hindering your vision with tint on your windshield and then trying to bandaid it with brighter headlights to dangerously blind others.

The very first suggestions people gave you were 100% spot on.

You could try some 55w ballasts, but thats not my recommendation.
You think that I'm trying to flip it?? I came here asking about headlight specs since one of my ballasts has failed and I was going to upgrade if possible. It wasn't me that mentioned anything about my vision being "dangerously hindered with tint" or anything about a band-aid of any sort. At the same time you accuse me of trying to dangerously blind others?? Refer back to my original, unedited post please.
If anyone has some technical information to upgrade the lighting system, please respond. If you're here just to share your personal opinions and/or to accuse me of false allegations, move on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don’t know the answer to this but am watching to see if there is anyone experienced in headlight upgrades, and not just opinionated on the windscreen issue.

I do country driving and there’s often fog. The performance of the Gallardo headlights are not even half of what it is for my entry level Audi.

Hope people can address the question for you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
we just call stupidity when we see it, and brighter headlights because you tinted the windshield? sorry that's just stupid, dress it how you like

·
Registered
286 Posts
The bulbs in a pre lp is a d2s you can upgrade them to an led bulb for a more modern look.
D2s led bulb ?

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I upgraded to morimoto 2ds HIB bulbs and ballast 10 years ago. They are 55w. At such a low height, upgrading won’t blind anyone.

there is probly better LED option now.

·
Registered
07 gallardo
18 Posts
There are alot of different manufacturers that make led headlight conversions morimoto makes a kit as well its really up to what look are you looking for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts