Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope you all are enjoying you lovely Gallardos.

I worry about my PreLP headlights - specifically the Lenses getting damaged.

Is it possible to get the Lenses replaced if the worst should happen to them - cracked by a rock for example?

I'm sure the answer to this is probably no, you have to buy used or new complete headlights at big $$$$ for new ones especially..

Would be great if a company could come up with a method to replace the lenses somehow - anyone heard of such a thing?
thanks

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
160 Posts
You were clear but missed my point. The headlights aren't fragile to the point that a rock is going to be able to break them unless said rock is big enough to take out more than the headlights. If your headlight is broken then more than likely your front end (Bumper, Hood, Grills, Radiators) will be damaged by whatever broke the headlight and at that point the headlight won't be the issue you need worry about.

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were clear but missed my point. The headlights aren't fragile to the point that a rock is going to be able to break them unless said rock is big enough to take out more than the headlights. If your headlight is broken then more than likely your front end (Bumper, Hood, Grills, Radiators) will be damaged by whatever broke the headlight and at that point the headlight won't be the issue you need worry about.
I really cbf discussing the point your are trying to make sorry - my other car has a large star shaped crack on the windscreen from a small rock - Im pretty sure the thin plastic on our headlights would not be as strong as that.

Anyhoo, there are plenty of other reasons our headlights can start to look bad, little stress cracks, scratches, pitting etc etc - which is why I'm asking this simple question :)

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
160 Posts
My contribution was pointing out that youre worrying about your headlights getting cracked or damaged and that if they get damaged your car will more than likely have much more substantial damage to worry about. LoL
As far as you not going off on a tangent, are you sure about that?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Hi, hope you all are enjoying you lovely Gallardos.

I worry about my PreLP headlights - specifically the Lenses getting damaged.

Is it possible to get the Lenses replaced if the worst should happen to them - cracked by a rock for example?

I'm sure the answer to this is probably no, you have to buy used or new complete headlights at big $$$$ for new ones especially..

Would be great if a company could come up with a method to replace the lenses somehow - anyone heard of such a thing?
thanks
Apply plastic film over them. You can have it done or order the kit and do it yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My contribution was pointing out that youre worrying about your headlights getting cracked or damaged and that if they get damaged your car will more than likely have much more substantial damage to worry about. LoL
As far as you not going off on a tangent, are you sure about that?
Geez you’re thick, the OP is asking about lenses, you’re talking about a crash?? This is why newcomers might be hesitant to ask questions. This forum is about Lambo owners helping each other.

To the OP: there are 2 companies in LA I came across that might be able to help. One is evilheadlights.com and the other is akretrofits.com. I don’t know if they can do exactly what you’re after, but probably a good start.

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
160 Posts
Geez you’re thick, the OP is asking about lenses, you’re talking about a crash?? This is why newcomers might be hesitant to ask questions. This forum is about Lambo owners helping each other.

To the OP: there are 2 companies in LA I came across that might be able to help. One is evilheadlights.com and the other is akretrofits.com. I don’t know if they can do exactly what you’re after, but probably a good start.
Nothing "Thick" about it, he's worrying that a rock is going to smash his headlight and I merely pointed out that if a rock big enough to do in the lens on the headlight hits his car that it's going to do much more damage than just the headlight.

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks mate i appreciate the reply and info

(By the way. I haven’t read any of his replies since my last one to him and you are dead right too)

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A used one is not that much.
The other thing im not sure about is if right hand drive cars have different lights to left hand drive. If they are, that will limit choices.
But thanks for the link i will have a look

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no you cannot replace the lenses. They bonded to the housing and can only be removed by cutting.
That doesn’t mean its impossible to do though right.
Some headlights can be separated by heating.
Anyway im not saying you are wrong - this is exactly the kind of replies i was hoping to get so thanks for that 👍

·
Registered
437 Posts
That doesn’t mean its impossible to do though right.
Some headlights can be separated by heating.
Anyway im not saying you are wrong - this is exactly the kind of replies i was hoping to get so thanks for that 👍
well a few members have tried and the glue is not susceptible to heat.

I mean, sure i anything is possible with a custom made lens and cutting the old ones out and creating a new sealing surface and quite a lot of glue.. but from someone who has made a few custom headlights and tail lights, it would be quite labor intensive and difficult to do and achieve a result this is up to the standard of what these cars deserve.

Just enjoy the car and don't worry about it till it happens! and if it does, just keep an eye out for a cheap second hand light

1 - 20 of 21 Posts