Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Not much of a gear head so I'm wondering if anyone has changed the first/second gears on their Gallardo's so that 1st gear at redline is at, say 50 vs the 64mps with a closer ratio 2nd gear so as to improve the acceleration times? With all the power this car has why not just change the gears to get better numbers since everyone's a buzz about the f430's "3.5 second" 0 to 60 time? Just wondering. I love my G car the way it is. Safe driving!

vinrey :wave:

·
Registered
205 Posts
vinrey said:
Hello,

Not much of a gear head so I'm wondering if anyone has changed the first/second gears on their Gallardo's so that 1st gear at redline is at, say 50 vs the 64mps with a closer ratio 2nd gear so as to improve the acceleration times? With all the power this car has why not just change the gears to get better numbers since everyone's a buzz about the f430's "3.5 second" 0 to 60 time? Just wondering. I love my G car the way it is. Safe driving!

vinrey :wave:
You cannot just change the gear ratio on the Gallardo because if you do you would distroy the four wheel VT system; and you can't even change the size of the wheel and tire for the same will happen also.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
pcht5 said:
You cannot just change the gear ratio on the Gallardo because if you do you would distroy the four wheel VT system; and you can't even change the size of the wheel and tire for the same will happen also.
Changing things prior to the output shafts should not effect the VT system??

-mick

·
Registered
23 Posts
I asked the technical guys at Lambo London before I bought my Gallardo about the possibility of changing first and possibly second gear because I think they are a bit "tall" (70mph in first gear is too high I reckon!). Also it would give the clutch a much easier life. They said that it wasn't possible but I think they were just being lazy and didn't want to check it out. It should be a comparatively easy install because the gearbox is right at the back of the engine, poking out into the breeze, as in racing cars.
I'm sure a decent gear company could make some ratios if there was enough demand or you gave them enough money!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies, maybe the company doesn't want the G car's times to be better than the Murcie's as well as top speed.

vinrey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts