Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Has anyone had the screws on the side of the engine cover vibrate out and scratch the side butress like mine has today? A real p****d off moment. Would this be covered under warrenty?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
It has happened to two cars...first the Yellow early 04, could not get the deck open...finaly got it pryed open AS IT RIPPED the paint on the drivers side.loose screws had backed out.........same thin happened to a close friend on his silver car.exACT SAME PLACE SAME THING........

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Yes, they replaced screws with self locking-tapping, then coated them with a silicon. The paint was luky enough to be able to wet sand it and rub it back to like new.........I think all the work was done by the dealer as away to keep me, the customer happy...I am pretty sure this was not from the factory warranty....they came up (dealer) with the solution.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe the issue with the screws coming loose is under a campaign fix when you take the car in for service. Hopefully you will get a break from your dealer(like Roytoy's dealer graciously did) and they will take care and help you out on the paint repair since it was related to a manufacturing problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feed back im hoping to get to the service center over the weekend, I'll up date you as to how I get on. fingers crossed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts