Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
sorry to hear this ...... this place is defo the right resource to ask, as there are tons of egear experts on the forum. Unfortunately since I have an MT, im not much help.

Sounds like you are doing the honorable thing ....regardless, so kudo to you!

Curious, so you said you were at a standstill and revving it to 2500 in 1st gear? were u trying to spin the tires or something?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah same sounds terrible... but for clarity because its important to know exactly what happened. Where all three of these true at the same time. Brake hard on (car stationary), first gear engaged and 2500 RPM?

I take it from your post you were not moving when you blipped to 2.5k, so really gear engaged and full brake?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,825 Posts
Are LPs different from pre LPs, my car does not rev when the brake is depressed and in gear, only if it is in neutral? Otherwise it is just a dead pedal.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Too many variables to really understand what could have caused it, what you have described does not seem abnormal. But if I am driving anyone's vehicle, I assume responsibility while in my possession. That is why I rarely use other people's stuff.

Good luck sorting this out. I assume the car is at the dealer and they would be in the best position to tell you what went wrong after looking at the car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
so you got in a $100,000+ car and the first thought that came to mind was do a powerstall? Have you EVER seen an AWD vehicle powerstall? Do you realize unless the car is chained to an object physics will NOT LET THIS HAPPEN? If I ever did let a friend drive my car and thats a HUGE if and they tried something like this. I would kick the **** out of them.

These cars do not powerstall like a dodge charger that you would rent from the airport. There is a launch function but it does not involve the foot every being on the brake and gas at the same time. You sir are an idiot, I hope you are at least man enough to cover any repairs.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Pretty sure you messed up the car. Pay for your ignorance and consider it a lesson to respect other's property. If you don't pay, your friend will. Friendship is more important than a few grand.

People do the stupidest things in exotics. My friend drove mine into a turn at 90mph. I told him to slow down and all he did was laughing at me. He never get to drive my car again. This is a friend for 20 years and have driven all my past cars without me ever worrying.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Don: I know that now. But I didn't think it would do anything from a one second one rev to 2k?

Yes the car is being towed to the dealership now.
Your information is contradictory from your initial post. Here you say you were revving for 1 second while initially you said it was 2 seconds.

You also said you drove his car for 4 mins and in the same post you state you drove for 2 mins of normal driving. What kind of driving was the other 2 mins?

After re-reading everything, my guess is that you burnt the clutch.

You claim you know not to rev the car in first with the brake depressed but didn't think it would hurt the car? I don't put unloaded guns to my head even though I know it shouldn't hurt me.......

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Probably a burnt clutch. The clutch on the Gallardo is quite small compared to the power of the engine. For some reason italian exotics manufacturers like undersized clutches. (They have a lot to learn from Porsche when it comes to clutches)

On a sidenote I would like to mention that I find a few of the posts above very tasteless. Calling someone an idiot is not kosher. I do think we have all made some mistakes at one point in our lives.

:)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
993, thank you for the reply. When online I try to ignore comments that do not help or move the issue forward. I can understand the anger anyone would feel if this happened to their car. Name calling doesn't help the situation. I think majority of the people on this site are very constructive in their criticism and seem knowledgeable. If I did not feel like a horses patoot, I would not have asked the question. I am sure the dealership will be able to tell exactly what happened and we will go from there.
Indeed. And, please, when you have the diagnose in hand, please feel free to post it. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts